Shoutbox

Common Problem: I have no alerts or sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Common Problem: I have no alerts or sounds (/showthread.php?tid=90156)

Common Problem: I have no alerts or sounds by yoricknicholls on 04-14-2009 at 10:14 AM

Hi everyone,

Yeah so... As the thread says, I have no alerts or sounds for Messenger, no matter what version. I've read a lot about it and it seems quite common. I've tried many things from reinstalling to checking that all the options are all ticked but in vain. When I'm in sound options and testing the wav, they actually work. They just aren't being used for some odd reason.

Frankly, it's beyond me. Probably something to do with the Registry but I dare not fiddle with it unless talked through it.

Is there someone willing to guide me through it? I'll send you all the screenshots you need to give you a visiual. Your help would be much appreciated!

Thank you so much.

Yorick

RE: Common Problem: I have no alerts or sounds by Jarrod on 04-14-2009 at 10:22 AM

you say that as though its a bad thing, sounds and alerts are the inventions of the computer devil Bill,

RE: Common Problem: I have no alerts or sounds by yoricknicholls on 04-15-2009 at 11:21 AM

It IS a bad thing, especially for myself who plays quite a bit of gaming. Not having alerts or sounds means I miss out on replying to my peers which comes off as rude to my standards.

If I can fix this, then I can alt-tab my way out of the games for a quick reply.

I really hope someone can offer their help.