Shoutbox

[Q] Are binary themes Accepted ?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Q] Are binary themes Accepted ?? (/showthread.php?tid=90225)

[Q] Are binary themes Accepted ?? by N0na on 04-18-2009 at 09:07 AM

hey ,

i was wondering about themes that are made by changing resources of messenger libraries .

can you accept it on the site ? and publishing it in the themes section ??

because we have made a set of em , and it takes alot to convert images , colors and all changes into themes packs , :(

if you want i may post some screenshots here , or maybe an example of em ,

-ate , is there a way to use msgplus to extract the current patched theme into a theme pack ?? will b nice :)

thanks in advanced ... :)

RE: [Q] Are binary themes Accepted ?? by Willz on 04-18-2009 at 09:32 AM

I don't think they would be, mainly because DLL skins are installed in a different way to Plus! skins and it will confuse people with both.

If you have modified the DLL and use the Messenger Plus! extraction process then it will extract your modified resources. It wouldn't be too hard to convert it to a .plsk.

All you would have to do would be to write a SkinInfo file and package it. You may have to modify some files here and there depending on what Messenger version you build it for. For information on SkinInfo check out the tutorials section (note they are written for Messenger 8.5, but the concepts are the same for 9)

http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/resources/

RE: [Q] Are binary themes Accepted ?? by Menthix on 04-18-2009 at 12:01 PM

No we don't accept binaries. It's the Messenger Plus! Site, we only accept Messenger Plus! Skins :). But converting your skin should be pretty easy the way Willz describes it.

RE: [Q] Are binary themes Accepted ?? by N0na on 04-18-2009 at 12:05 PM

thanks , we'll see what we can do :)

thanks for replaying , you have a great community here :)