Shoutbox

typing jumps?! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: typing jumps?! (/showthread.php?tid=90231)

typing jumps?! by greenee on 04-18-2009 at 02:48 PM

Hey
I installed Plus! onto my laptop and at first it kept crashing all the time. The next day it all stopped and worked perfectly. BUT. Ever since I installed Plus! my typing jumps. What I is that using any programme, or software or a shoutbox or anything where there is an areato type, I will start to type and the the cursor will jump to further up the page and carry on typing across previous sentences. can someone help because it's really irritating, especially when attempting to finish ICT GCSE coursework =(

RE: typing jumps?! by Vilkku on 04-18-2009 at 03:09 PM

Sounds extremely weird. Does it still happen if you uninstall Plus!? Is your computer free of viruses and spyware?

RE: typing jumps?! by Adeptus on 04-18-2009 at 11:35 PM

This is a very common laptop issue, which has to do with the touchpad or the pointing stick acting flaky.  You can read through these Google results and hopefully find a fix that works for you.

It starting after you installed Plus! is just a coincidence.

RE: RE: typing jumps?! by sasha1555 on 04-19-2009 at 12:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
This is a very common laptop issue, which has to do with the touchpad or the pointing stick acting flaky.  You can read through these Google results and hopefully find a fix that works for you.

It starting after you installed Plus! is just a coincidence.

Agreed, that happens to me on my laptop, my mum's laptop and my grandad's laptop, no worries about it (: