Shoutbox

when another person adds me, there's no pop ups - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: when another person adds me, there's no pop ups (/showthread.php?tid=90268)

when another person adds me, there's no pop ups by mish.littledaisy on 04-20-2009 at 12:08 PM

hey when someone else adds me on their msn, there is no pop-ups on mine to show that they want to add me.
is this just my msn, or what? cos when someone added, me i literally need to search for them.
can someone help me out?
is there some kind of options thing to alter that? or is that fixed?

RE: when another person adds me, there's no pop ups by 6969willwill on 04-24-2009 at 11:25 PM

how do you know it doesnt work if you get no pop up?

RE: when another person adds me, there's no pop ups by mish.littledaisy on 04-27-2009 at 02:28 AM

because i've told my friend to delete me off the contact list and then add me again after i've deleted them from my contact list too. i have to sesarch for their names to find them. And even so, i can't talk to them because i've  got to add them to the messenger.

do you know why this is happening??

RE: when another person adds me, there's no pop ups by ryxdp on 04-27-2009 at 02:55 AM

When you deleted the contact, did you also tick "Also remove from my Windows Live Hotmail contacts"?

RE: when another person adds me, there's no pop ups by mish.littledaisy on 04-27-2009 at 08:51 AM

no i didn't tick it. is that why?

RE: RE: when another person adds me, there's no pop ups by ryxdp on 04-27-2009 at 09:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mish.littledaisy
no i didn't tick it. is that why?

Yes, because you still have the contact in your list this way. By deleting them completely you can add them using the popup again.
RE: when another person adds me, there's no pop ups by mish.littledaisy on 04-28-2009 at 08:57 AM

thank you