Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and... (/showthread.php?tid=90327)

Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and... by MangoTango on 04-23-2009 at 08:39 PM

Alright, so I've used MsgPlus! Live for a really long time, now, and I had used it with the old Windows Live Messenger (Version 8.5, I believe). Then, my computer received a virus and I had to wipe the computer clean, and there was no way of reinstalling the old version of Windows Live Messenger. Therefore, I downloaded Windows Live Messenger 14.0, which is nice.

When I reinstalled MsgPlus! Live, I found problems with my whole Messenger.

1. When a contact types a new message, I only get notified with a sound, and the windows doesn't flash orange, even though the box is checked for it to. This is the same for when I have multiple people I'm talking to in tabs, and I don't know who just said something, I just hear a beep.

2. In my toolbar in a conversation window, the MsgPlus! Live buttons don't integrate themselves into it! What do I do to get them there?

3. I've deleted and reinstalled both Windows Live Messenger 14.0 and MsgPlus! Live many times over, and I have restarted the computer after repairing both of them (via Control Panel -->Add/Remove Programs) many times, and it still hasn't worked.

Once, however, it has worked when I restarted the computer and the MsgPlus! Live welcome screen showed up and I got to configure settings and such.

Then, I restarted the computer when I installed IE 8 (because the computer was wiped, IE reset to 6, the version this computer came with), and Windows Live Messenger/MsgPlus! Live is "broken/missing" again.

If anyone can give me tips on how to fix this, it would be much appreciated!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and... by Moh on 04-23-2009 at 09:14 PM

Did you install any other add-ons for Messenger other than Messenger Plus! Live after the cleanup?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and... by MangoTango on 04-23-2009 at 09:38 PM

Ohh, thanks all!

No, I didn't install any other add ons.

I found the problem: ThreatFire.

So, I deleted it, and Windows Live Messenger is working perfectly fine now! Thanks!

RE: Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and... by rebornkel on 05-01-2009 at 04:40 PM

Hey just wana ask.... you uninstall threatfire??? and everything works fine??? Did you reinstall windows messenger plus???

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and... by Moh on 05-01-2009 at 04:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rebornkel
Hey just wana ask.... you uninstall threatfire??? and everything works fine??? Did you reinstall windows messenger plus???
No need to re-install Messeger Plus! or Windows Live Messenger. Once you uninstall ThreatFire, everything should be fine.

EDIT: No problem. :)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live buttons are not showing up in my toolbar in messages, and... by rebornkel on 05-01-2009 at 04:49 PM

thnx... appreciate your help... :)