Shoutbox

sounds temp - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: sounds temp (/showthread.php?tid=90332)

sounds temp by midesu on 04-24-2009 at 05:49 AM

hello,

i would like to know where all the emotion sounds for Messenger Plus are kept because i would like to take one of the sounds out so i can use it for a message tone on my phone.

thanks

RE: sounds temp by rtsfg on 04-24-2009 at 03:00 PM

I've got a german windows, so I don't know the original english path, here is a translation, I hope it works:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds

Application Data is hidden by default.

edit: seems to be right... click

RE: sounds temp by CookieRevised on 04-25-2009 at 10:07 AM

PS: the sounds have the extension .DAT but are in fact MP3 files. So all you need to do is to find the proper file, copy it and then rename it to *.MP3.

To find the proper file you can look into Messenger Plus!' Sound Library. Find the sound you want and look at its properties. There you'll see the sound ID which is also used as the filename in the directory shown by rtsfg.

RE: sounds temp by Mistrael on 04-29-2009 at 02:21 PM

Handfull !

So can we make the reverse and add an MP3 renamed to DAT in this folder !?

RE: RE: sounds temp by pollolibredegrasa on 04-29-2009 at 02:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mistrael
Handfull !

So can we make the reverse and add an MP3 renamed to DAT in this folder !?

No. the DAT files are specially created by Messenger Plus, and contain slightly different information to 'normal' MP3 files that help Messenger Plus! identify (and validate) it as a Custom Sound. Even if you could simply rename MP3s, there is also registry information that would need to be added too.

Bottom line: You can only create Custom Sounds from within Messenger Plus! ;)
RE: sounds temp by Danikaa on 05-17-2009 at 03:28 PM

OK... Now that ive found the sounds.... How do i change the associated emoticons wif it... the Kiss has XxxxXxxxX and i wanna change it...

RE: sounds temp by Eddie on 05-17-2009 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Danikaa
OK... Now that ive found the sounds.... How do i change the associated emoticons wif it... the Kiss has XxxxXxxxX and i wanna change it...
As far as i'm aware this is built into Messenger Plus! Live and cannot be changed, however i could be wrong? If i am i hope someone corrects me, but yeah.
RE: sounds temp by Danikaa on 05-17-2009 at 03:39 PM

lol yer not the only one. I cant script to save myself. I just wanna change that one tiny thing!

RE: sounds temp by pollolibredegrasa on 05-17-2009 at 05:22 PM

You can change the text that is sent by modifying the language file in 'Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Languages\Lng_<language>.ini'

Do a search for "MenuSoundCommands=" and you should see the associated messages. You will need to restart Messenger for any changes to take effect.

You can also change the text that is sent on a per-use basis by simply typing after the sound's /s command, eg:

code:
/shello Hi! :D

RE: sounds temp by Danikaa on 05-19-2009 at 06:06 AM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, POLLO!!!