Shoutbox

Suggestion: Improve log search using Windows Index or some other form - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion: Improve log search using Windows Index or some other form (/showthread.php?tid=90347)

Suggestion: Improve log search using Windows Index or some other form by riahc4 on 04-25-2009 at 11:42 AM

Hey

I think the speed of search thru logs should be improved. Maybe using Windows' Index or some other form.

The reason I ask this is because I search alot for the term joke and each time it takes just as long or longer to complete the entire search.

RE: Suggestion: Improve log search using Windows Index or some other form by Mistrael on 04-29-2009 at 02:46 PM

I'm using a computer for many years and i noticed that windows take a long time to search something on the hard drives... You may post this in the Microsoft forums loll and in top of that;

Patience is a vertue !

RE: Suggestion: Improve log search using Windows Index or some other form by robert_dll on 04-29-2009 at 07:08 PM

@Mistrael: Have you tried the new Windows Search engine? It appears that you haven't.

RE: Suggestion: Improve log search using Windows Index or some other form by Patchou on 04-30-2009 at 04:21 PM

I'll work on that, thanks :)

RE: Suggestion: Improve log search using Windows Index or some other form by riahc4 on 05-13-2009 at 08:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'll work on that, thanks :)
Thanks for replying Patchou :)