Shoutbox

help please - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: help please (/showthread.php?tid=90356)

help please by floweh on 04-25-2009 at 11:48 PM

erm...this may have been asked before and i apollogize in that case, but i haven't found what i was looking for using the search function.

so my problem is:
i finally got so fucked up with my msn always telling me to update to the new messenger, that i did it today - regret it instantly as i thought - downloaded the new plus! too. now i wanted to change that ugly skin, that works too, thanks to some people who already created new skins for wml 9 - thanks to you guys, awsome work!

but there are skins my wml tells me following problem "this skin may not work with your version of windows live messenger please downlowd the latest version" (sth like that)
well i have the latest version, what's wrong with that? and is there any way i can make them work? if someone could tell me what the problem is and how to solve it or if there are already threads with this existing send me a link i'd be most grateful.

regards and thanks a lot

RE: help please by blessedguy on 04-25-2009 at 11:50 PM

What skins give that problem?

RE: help please by floweh on 04-25-2009 at 11:57 PM

gosh...several, i tried a lot today:

Fulmini 0.1.0
Funkalicious 1.0 RC
Iphone Skin 1.0
Itachi Skin 1.0.5
Live-Generation 1.01
Windows Aero Messenger 2.0.2

possibly some more, but the other skins i downloaded work perfectly well. i didn't try every single one available of course

RE: help please by floweh on 04-25-2009 at 11:58 PM

i guess that may be the skins for older versions and i can give up hope to make them work :S

RE: help please by blessedguy on 04-26-2009 at 12:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by floweh
i guess that may be the skins for older versions and i can give up hope to make them work :S
I was gonna say that =P But yes, they're for 8.5, you should check the "Compatibility" information before downloading, it would help you =)
RE: help please by Chris4 on 04-26-2009 at 12:06 AM

Yup. On each skin it says the compatibility. All the skins you listed say: "This skin works with Messenger versions 8.5".

It explains why, here: http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/help/#compatibility

So, only skins that say they're compatible with 9.0 (2009) will work.

Personally I don't see any problems with the new Messenger. It looks fine, you just need to get used to it.

RE: help please by floweh on 04-26-2009 at 12:09 AM

damn it...well i read it, but i thought: what the heck try anyways =P

i just thought there might be ANY way to make them compatible...
thanks anyway blessedguy :)

i will have to try to make my own skin, 2 am here but since i can't sleep what better to do than creating a skin hehehe

RE: help please by Chris4 on 04-26-2009 at 12:11 AM

It takes time and patience, it's not something you'll be able to do overnight unfortunately. But with some work put in and the helpful people on this forum, you'll make a skin in no time. :)

How to make a skin (Documentation, Tutorials, Tools and Links)

RE: help please by floweh on 04-26-2009 at 12:17 AM

thanks chris4 -  i never imagined to get it done within 5 min, i just thought instead of getting bored tonight i could at least try and start ;)

RE: help please by floweh on 04-26-2009 at 12:19 AM

btw thx again for the link, i had already read that :D

RE: help please by Chris4 on 04-26-2009 at 12:29 AM

No problem. Have fun learning.

P.S. TIP: Use the [Image: edit.gif] button. ;)