Shoutbox

How to delete a contact completely without blocking that contact? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: How to delete a contact completely without blocking that contact? (/showthread.php?tid=90440)

How to delete a contact completely without blocking that contact? by jossy on 04-30-2009 at 09:42 AM

How to completely delete a contact, I don't want to receive anymore messages from him, without blocking him?

Case: I have a friend who has deleted me. I confirmed it by checking in the 'who has you on their list' in the Privacy tab. And it was shown that I am not on his list. I then right click his name at the Allow List only to find the word 'delete' was in black in stead of in grey. Therefore, I am sure that he has deleted me. However, since, I still have him in my contact list, his status is visible to me. Meaning he has not blocked me as well, right?

Now that he has deleted me but not blocked me, can I still send him messages on MSN, will he receive it? Is the only way of not receiving messages from a person is by blocking that person? Is there anyway of not receiving messages from a person but not block that person?

Please help? I am really blur and confused about this.

RE: How to delete a contact completely without blocking that contact? by djdannyp on 04-30-2009 at 10:05 AM

if he has deleted you but not blocked you, you can send him messages as you will see him online in your list.

the only way of preventing someone sending you messages is to block them.  deleting them still allows them to see you online and send you messages

RE: How to delete a contact completely without blocking that contact? by jossy on 04-30-2009 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
if he has deleted you but not blocked you, you can send him messages as you will see him online in your list.

the only way of preventing someone sending you messages is to block them.  deleting them still allows them to see you online and send you messages

so you mean if I send him messages, he still can receive it... then what's the point of deleting me on the contact list at the first place?

Anyway, thanks. It helped.
RE: How to delete a contact completely without blocking that contact? by Spunky on 04-30-2009 at 12:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jossy
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

so you mean if I send him messages, he still can receive it... then what's the point of deleting me on the contact list at the first place?

Anyway, thanks. It helped.

Contact list could have been full... Gotta make space somehow ^o)
RE: How to delete a contact completely without blocking that contact? by jossy on 04-30-2009 at 12:19 PM

Contact list could have been full... Gotta make space somehow ^o)

Ha ha.. what a good excuse.
na.. I don't thnk so... he is trying to getoid me.
But I wonder too if it possible that he doesnt block and can still not get messages from me. Maybe he knows some trick....
RE: How to delete a contact completely without blocking that contact? by Spunky on 04-30-2009 at 02:37 PM

quote:

But I wonder too if it possible that he doesnt block and can still not get messages from me. Maybe he knows some trick....

No.
RE: How to delete a contact completely without blocking that contact? by jossy on 05-01-2009 at 03:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:

No.

Ah... ok. Thanks. I think I know better now how this deleting and blocking thing work.
RE: How to delete a contact completely without blocking that contact? by jossy on 05-04-2009 at 09:36 PM

Ah... ok. Thanks. I think I know better now how this deleting and blocking thing work.

I am blur again about this deleting and blocking thing.

1) If you delete me, I can still see your status(online, offline, busy, away...) ? Yes or No
2) If you block me, I will see you offline all the time and nothing I send you will reach you? Yes or No
3) If I can see your status it means that you have not blocked me? Yes or No
4) Why then, when I can see your status, when I send you messages on WLM, you do not reply?
5) If I can see your status, you have no blocked me. If you have not block me, you can still get me messages. Yes or NO
6) The only way of not getting my messages is to block me on WLM. Yes or No

Please do reply.. someone... urgent? I have been in doubt again..HELP!!
RE: RE: How to delete a contact completely without blocking that contact? by Moh on 05-04-2009 at 09:43 PM

quote:
1) If you delete me, I can still see your status(online, offline, busy, away...) ? Yes or No
Yes, but if I blocked you, you wont be able to.

quote:
2) If you block me, I will see you offline all the time and nothing I send you will reach you? Yes or No
Yes, exactly.

quote:
3) If I can see your status it means that you have not blocked me? Yes or No
Yes.

quote:
4) Why then, when I can see your status, when I send you messages on WLM, you do not reply?
Because the person may be away, or for some reason the message didnt reach the person.

quote:
5) If I can see your status, you have no blocked me. If you have not block me, you can still get me messages. Yes or NO
Yes, the person gets the messages.

quote:
6) The only way of not getting my messages is to block me on WLM. Yes or No
Yes.

In short: When you block someone, you cant instant message them and you cant receive messages from them and the person you have blocked will never see you as online unless you unblock them.