Shoutbox

Msg plus Event Viewer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Msg plus Event Viewer (/showthread.php?tid=90445)

Msg plus Event Viewer by kinetic_be on 04-30-2009 at 06:15 PM

Hello!

I've been using Msn in combination with Messenger Plus for years now and never had any problems with it.
Recently I upgraded to the latest versions of Windows Live messenger and Messenger plus live.
Everything works fine, just as before with one exception (and this is the most important utility for me) the Event viewer.

What happens is this:
When I open the Event viewer to check what has happened on my Messenger, it only displays my own status-changes.  Friends who come online or go offline, or change their status are not displayed anymore.
The settings for Event viewer are the same as they always were, nothing has changed here.

I've been searching the internet for nearly a week now, but I find little to nothing about this, so I suppose I am doing something wrong here.

If anyone could supply me with more information or if there are other known issues about this, I'd be very thankfull.

Thanks!

RE: Msg plus Event Viewer by Moh on 04-30-2009 at 06:24 PM

When you go to Plus!> Preferences & Options> Messenger> Event logging> Filter by contacts, do you see that all contacts are ticked?

I do know you've said that settings are as the same as they were before, just to make sure here.

RE: RE: Msg plus Event Viewer by kinetic_be on 04-30-2009 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
When you go to Plus!> Preferences & Options> Messenger> Event logging> Filter by contacts, do you see that all contacts are ticked?

I do know you've said that settings are as the same as they were before, just to make sure here.

Yes, all the contacts are selected.
RE: Msg plus Event Viewer by Patchou on 05-01-2009 at 01:49 PM

Could it be that you installed another add-on on your Messenger? this could be the cause of these interferences. What I suggest would be to uninstall Plus!, unisntall Messenger, restart your computer, delete the "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger" directory and then, reinstall Messenger and Messenger Plus!.

RE: RE: Msg plus Event Viewer by kinetic_be on 05-01-2009 at 04:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Could it be that you installed another add-on on your Messenger? this could be the cause of these interferences. What I suggest would be to uninstall Plus!, unisntall Messenger, restart your computer, delete the "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger" directory and then, reinstall Messenger and Messenger Plus!.

Thanks for the reply.
I have tried everything you suggested above: Uninstalled both programs and everything related to Live Messenger, rebooted my system and removed existing folders and reinstalled everything from scratch.
However, the problem remains: No updates in my Event Viewer except my own.

RE: Msg plus Event Viewer by kinetic_be on 05-03-2009 at 06:07 PM

I would have expected more replies since msg plus is used worldwide...
Anyway, I fixed the problem by uninstalling Windows Live Messenger 2009 and installing Windows Live Messenger 8.1 with the last version of Msg Plus.

The event viewer does again what it always did before and is fixed.

RE: Msg plus Event Viewer by Patchou on 05-04-2009 at 05:22 AM

Sorry for the lack of replies. It's a good hint to know that it works for you with previous of Messenger and not with Windows Live Messenger. Could you email ms at mplus-support@patchou.com ? We'll try to work on that problem together next week, if you have some time.

RE: RE: Msg plus Event Viewer by kinetic_be on 05-04-2009 at 06:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Sorry for the lack of replies. It's a good hint to know that it works for you with previous of Messenger and not with Windows Live Messenger. Could you email ms at mplus-support@patchou.com ? We'll try to work on that problem together next week, if you have some time.

Sure, will do that.
Thanks.
RE: Msg plus Event Viewer by Wheeler8 on 05-05-2009 at 06:59 PM

Hi

I have the same problem. The Event Viewer gives only information about my acount and not on my friends going online and offline etc.
It worked fine afer I installed Live Messenger and Plus! And suddenly, a few days ago, it stopped working like it should do. I did not change settings or installed other software. It just stopped.
Also I do not get notified with visual alerts when a friend goes offline anymore.
I use Live Messenger 14.0.8064.206
and Plus! 4.80.0.356

Thanks for any help

RE: Msg plus Event Viewer by skyyoshi on 12-22-2009 at 10:34 PM

I've just begun to have this same problem. Please help! I can only see my own updates, and, the +Speech plug-in doesn't read my friends' updates anymore. What could have happened? Thank you

EDIT: I just downgraded to Plus! v 4.81 and it works fine again

RE: Msg plus Event Viewer by Pugster on 03-11-2010 at 05:36 PM

I have the same weird problem, installed again and still dont work.