Shoutbox

I know there's custom away status's but... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: I know there's custom away status's but... (/showthread.php?tid=90495)

I know there's custom away status's but... by DevilHunter on 05-03-2009 at 06:19 PM

What about Custom Messages, selectable via a drop-down menu beside the message box, like in Xfire?? Would be nice to have, and I'll be dammed if there is a script out there already, that does this.

I tried looking though the forums, and though the script section, but cannot find it. So if there is a way, can you make it so?? 8-|

RE: I know there's custom away status's but... by blessedguy on 05-03-2009 at 07:01 PM

You mean, Quick Texts? (Wich you can select a shortcut, command, or from a dropdown menu...)

RE: I know there's custom away status's but... by DevilHunter on 05-04-2009 at 03:39 AM

Hmm, i guess... How do I use that??

RE: I know there's custom away status's but... by blessedguy on 05-04-2009 at 06:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DevilHunter
Simple =)
Open up Plus!' Options Panel, head over to "Conversations (top) > Quick Texts (left side)" > Click the "Add" button:
The "Create a standalone mesage or message group" will set a key combo or command that will be replaced by something, like:
You can choose Ctrl + NumPad 1 to be replaced with "Hi! What's up?" or /seeya comand to be replaced with "Have got to go... See ya!".
The "Automatically replace text in the messages I send" will replace a pre-defined sequence by another, let's say you want the wsup sequence to be replaced with What's up? everytime you send your message, that's what you use.

Any problems? =)
RE: I know there's custom away status's but... by 6969willwill on 05-05-2009 at 12:13 PM

i love quicktexts. i use them for ascii art :D

but i cant do ascii art with 1500 characters plus. i got stuff plug to let me do 5000 characters but the quicktexts still limit me to 1500 characters :(.

RE: I know there's custom away status's but... by DevilHunter on 05-07-2009 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Simple =)
Open up Plus!' Options Panel, head over to "Conversations (top) > Quick Texts (left side)" > Click the "Add" button:
The "Create a standalone mesage or message group" will set a key combo or command that will be replaced by something, like:
You can choose Ctrl + NumPad 1 to be replaced with "Hi! What's up?" or /seeya comand to be replaced with "Have got to go... See ya!".
The "Automatically replace text in the messages I send" will replace a pre-defined sequence by another, let's say you want the wsup sequence to be replaced with What's up? everytime you send your message, that's what you use.

Any problems? =)

So from what your saying, whatever I put as a "quick Text" will change my status message as well??

RE: I know there's custom away status's but... by blessedguy on 05-07-2009 at 08:59 PM

Nope, but you can set Quick Status wich will work the same way but will change name and/or status message

RE: I know there's custom away status's but... by DevilHunter on 05-07-2009 at 09:30 PM

God i feel so stupid, for not seeing the quick status thing. lol Thanks anyhow.

RE: I know there's custom away status's but... by blessedguy on 05-07-2009 at 10:11 PM

quote:
God i feel so stupid, for not seeing the quick status thing. lol Thanks anyhow.
Don't worry =P
"The worst way to find something is to actually look for it"
RE: I know there's custom away status's but... by Schnappi on 05-16-2009 at 06:16 PM

where can i find quick status settings?

RE: I know there's custom away status's but... by blessedguy on 05-16-2009 at 07:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Schnappi
where can i find quick status settings?
Options > Customize > Personalized Status, or just set your status to "Away" and a pop-up box will appear if you haven't disabled that option in the same menu.