Shoutbox

How can I found out who (email) sent the msg/received the msg? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: How can I found out who (email) sent the msg/received the msg? (/showthread.php?tid=90528)

How can I found out who (email) sent the msg/received the msg? by leetking on 05-06-2009 at 08:26 PM

Hello,
Is there any possible solution for finding out who sent the message and who received a message?

(in a normal conversation; I want the email adress.)

I want something like:

code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndSend [and receive] Message(ChatWnd, Origin, Message, MessageKind){
email_sent= [ need your help ;) ]
email_received= [ need your help ;) ]
}

Thank you!
RE: How can I found out who (email) sent the msg/received the msg? by matty on 05-06-2009 at 10:50 PM

There aren't any really reliable ways of doing this. I say that because Messenger Plus! doesn't know what the email is only the name.

Now you can iterate through the ChatWnd.Contacts object

Javascript code:
for (var oContact = new Enumerator(ChatWnd.Contacts); !oContact.atEnd(); oContact.moveNext()){
    Debug.Trace(oContact.item().Email);
}

RE: How can I found out who (email) sent the msg/received the msg? by Lou on 05-07-2009 at 12:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
There aren't any really reliable ways of doing this. I say that because Messenger Plus! doesn't know what the email is only the name.

Now you can iterate through the ChatWnd.Contacts object
Javascript code:
for (var oContact = new Enumerator(ChatWnd.Contacts); !oContact.atEnd(); oContact.moveNext()){
    Debug.Trace(oContact.item().Email);
}

What if two contacts have the same name? Wouldn't that trigger on both of them?
RE: How can I found out who (email) sent the msg/received the msg? by Mnjul on 05-07-2009 at 07:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
What if two contacts have the same name? Wouldn't that trigger on both of them?
Yes, that's why matty said there aren't any really reliable way to achieve that.
RE: RE: How can I found out who (email) sent the msg/received the msg? by leetking on 05-07-2009 at 05:38 PM

K! Thx guys! I got a new question: How can I save a variable so it will still be the same when I restart my PC / MSN?

For example:

var remember = "clean the toilet"

RE: How can I found out who (email) sent the msg/received the msg? by matty on 05-07-2009 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leetking
K! Thx guys! I got a new question: How can I save a variable so it will still be the same when I restart my PC / MSN?

For example:

Use an external file (txt, ini, xml or registry) and load it once the script starts next time.
RE: RE: How can I found out who (email) sent the msg/received the msg? by leetking on 05-08-2009 at 03:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
Originally posted by leetking

For example:

Use an external file (txt, ini, xml or registry) and load it once the script starts next time.

I dont know anything about this. Could you help me, please?