Shoutbox

[Release] Phunk'n 2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Release] Phunk'n 2 (/showthread.php?tid=90539)

[Release] Phunk'n 2 by Willz on 05-07-2009 at 12:51 PM

Well boys and girls, the moment you have been waiting for has arrived. The release of one of my most popular skins so far: Phunk'n.

But before I get onto that I'd like to take a second and thank all the people that have supported my work over the years. I didn't really think I'd be around this long, but hey it's you guys that keep me going. I just had a talk with Menthix (the guy who runs the skins database) and he has given me a number which represents how many downloads I have had since the Messenger Plus! database opened. Ready for it?

7,489,442 (Excluding things like Open Live and discontinued skins like Sopair)

Pretty scary though considering skins were lucky to get 100,000 downloads 2 years ago. It's good to see skins are becoming really popular. Keep it up everyone!

I have been really busy these past couple of weeks working on bringing the skin back to Messenger 2009. It was a tough road but I think the skin will speak for itself in terms of quality.

I had to completely recode the entire skin and re-think certain parts of the skin to suit Messenger 2009. While most of the skin retains the layout from the previous version you will notice some differences in version 2.

The most major one is that fade animations had to be scrapped. Sad to say that they have changed in Messenger 2009 and are extremely restricted. I couldn't really find a balance between making it work, look right and not lag the skin up.

So in the end I decided to scrap it altogether. But with that being said I did add a bit more functionality to the skin. Version 2 now allows users to go back to classic Messenger icons in case they don't like the ones supplied with the skin. This was one of the requested features in version 1 so I am proud to say this is available in version 2.

The skin has adopted the layout mode that I first introduced in the LTD skin. Users will be able to switch between this mode and classic mode and also be able to align the chat window how they wish.

Scenes have been completely removed in this skin. This was a pretty hard design decision but I think I made the right choice. It was just too hard to find a balance where the scene actually complemented the design. I found that there was too many variables to deal with and most of the time it just made the skin look weird. But I have given the ability to stretch chat window backgrounds to the full area so hopefully that will remove the need for scenes.

The custom Messenger Plus! UI has also been scrapped due to the fact that Messenger Plus! Live 5 will be entering development soon and I would rather wait to see what is going to happen with the UI before diving in too deep.

The registry entries that I added in the previous version return in version 2. There are a few new ones such as choosing the size of the extra display picture in the chat window and also the one in the contact list. Toolbar alignment options are also in these entries.

Because you can't colorize the alert I have written a series of entries which forces the alert to become a certain color. All you have to do is pick the entry that suits your tastes and away you go.

And yeah that should about cover it. Now for some screenshots:

Infusco:

[Image: Infusco_CL.png]
[Image: Infusco_CW.png]

Niveus:

[Image: Niveus_CL.png]
[Image: Niveus_CW.png]

Well that should keep people busy for a while. Oh yeah and while I was building Phunk'n I was also toying with a brand new skin design. Expect that one soon, its going to push the envelope a bit so yeah expect something cool.

Enjoy the release!

Willz.

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by NanaFreak on 05-07-2009 at 12:57 PM

* NanaFreak sexes willz *

thanks <3

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Th3rmal on 05-07-2009 at 01:00 PM

I KNEW IT WAS GONNA COME ONE DAY

* Th3rmal joins in nanas private party

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Willz on 05-07-2009 at 01:05 PM

As Menthix said I should so have a party when I hit 10 Mill overall :P

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Phillip on 05-07-2009 at 01:19 PM

Thanks Willz.

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Andylongi on 05-07-2009 at 02:19 PM

Wonderful job Williz! i do have just one question how can i make the top display pic (which is with who im talking) bigger, i would like to have it in the same size then the other one is.

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Eddie on 05-07-2009 at 02:23 PM

Nicely done, think i will certainly use this one for a while, whilst im currently unable to do any work on my own stuff -sigh-. Again another quality design willz!

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Basilis on 05-07-2009 at 03:08 PM

F_CK! This skin is simply the best!

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by bigb88 on 05-07-2009 at 04:18 PM

god damn it man, been waiting for this

the AlignCWStnToolbarCenter.reg dont work and the other center reg's dont work nice that they was added and dont work

----------

maybe should of had someone test it and see cause this sucks cant even have them in the center
RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Matti on 05-07-2009 at 05:15 PM

Damn Willz... You did it once again. :O
There's absolutely no way one can resist from this sexiness. :P

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by bigb88 on 05-07-2009 at 05:42 PM

anyone know whats up with the Toolbar Alignment?

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Eddie on 05-07-2009 at 06:33 PM

One issue, i downloaded the ad-remover however, it did not work in removing the ads, suggestions? :S

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by bigb88 on 05-07-2009 at 06:38 PM

eddie

regedit

go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\GlobalSettings\Skins\Phunk'n - the verison u want it on light or dark

make a DWORD, name it VEGETAICANFLY, give it 1 value

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by prashker on 05-07-2009 at 07:59 PM

IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT COULD BE INFERRED THAT WILLZ WANTED US TO READ IT AS FUCK'N LOLOLOL.

* prashker downloads Niveus :p

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by blessedguy on 05-07-2009 at 09:02 PM

They look gorgeous! =)
Congrats.... again, another time, and again. =P

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by bigb88 on 05-07-2009 at 09:23 PM

wow no one has done the center reg hacks and can see if it works for them

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Willz on 05-07-2009 at 10:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
Wonderful job Williz! i do have just one question how can i make the top display pic (which is with who im talking) bigger, i would like to have it in the same size then the other one is.

You can't make it that big because the DP is being held back by the size of the scene region. Also the spacing the gets added by a bigger DP doesn't get removed when you shrink the size of the scene region.

quote:
Originally posted by bigb88
anyone know whats up with the Toolbar Alignment?

Toolbar alignments should work, except it might be buggy in some cases where it get stuck on window resize. If center's not working I'll check it out later.

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
One issue, i downloaded the ad-remover however, it did not work in removing the ads, suggestions? :S

That's because the one on Desgin Evovled is outdated. I was really tired last night and couldn't be bothered uploading it.

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT COULD BE INFERRED THAT WILLZ WANTED US TO READ IT AS FUCK'N LOLOLOL.

* SonicSam downloads Niveus :p

Yes Sam. My subliminal Message has been revealed. Darn.

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by bigb88 on 05-07-2009 at 10:19 PM

thanks willz, the right one works just not center so hope u get this worked out

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by prashker on 05-07-2009 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
For your unhumoristic approach, I'm going back to Evo4! :sad:
RE: RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Willz on 05-07-2009 at 10:26 PM

quote:
quote:

It's called sarcasm :P
RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by prashker on 05-07-2009 at 10:29 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

It's called sarcasm :P
I was also trying to cover up the fact that I didn't like it as much as Evo4 (I actually switched like 20 seconds after my first post (a)).
RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Willz on 05-07-2009 at 10:57 PM

Ok quick update, I found out what caused the issue for center align not to work. This is now fixed in build 2.0.1. I will add an option for drop shadow/outer glow text in the chat history to make reading a bit more easier. Might also make the optional white area a bit more lighter.

But yeah I'll work on that a bit later.

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Andylongi on 05-07-2009 at 11:01 PM

Could you pls make the pic (with who im talking) in the messanger window the same size as the own one i hope you know what i mean thanks.

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Willz on 05-07-2009 at 11:06 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi

You can't make it that big because the DP is being held back by the size of the scene region. Also the spacing the gets added by a bigger DP doesn't get removed when you shrink the size of the scene region.

The reason sticks. Because the scene area is set you can only increase the size of the DP to equal the height of scene area minus the padding that the border has. Sorry to say that it won't be happening.

You can use the reg-entry in the skins install directory to increase the size a bit, but you will not get it back to full size.
RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Andylongi on 05-07-2009 at 11:11 PM

aw ok well i will have to live with it bc its really great to have those skins back again.

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by bigb88 on 05-08-2009 at 06:20 AM

willz, u get the update done?

RE: RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Willz on 05-08-2009 at 07:18 AM

quote:

Had stuff to do today and this isn't really at the top of my todo list. I should hopefully have it done by the end of the weekend (keyword: hopefully). Plus I want to wait and see if anything else pops up. So yeah.
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by bigb88 on 05-08-2009 at 07:22 AM

quote:
quote:

Had stuff to do today and this isn't really at the top of my todo list. I should hopefully have it done by the end of the weekend (keyword: hopefully). Plus I want to wait and see if anything else pops up. So yeah.

thats tru, ya i can wait :) cause might be more that does come up...and this other skin u are doing we will see any screenshots of this ?
RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Willz on 05-08-2009 at 07:40 AM

nope :P Mainly because it will spoil the new look I have built.

RE: RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by bigb88 on 05-08-2009 at 07:41 AM

quote:
nope :P Mainly because it will spoil the new look I have built.

lol so u tell us  a new one is coming but dont show a lil preview lol, should be good like all the other skins anyways :)
RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Eddie on 05-09-2009 at 04:22 AM

Hey Willz, found an issue;

[Image: attachment.php?pid=962276]

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Willz on 05-09-2009 at 04:46 AM

yeah that problem fixes itself with the new whiter background i have applied in 2.0.1

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Eddie on 05-10-2009 at 04:22 PM

I seem to be having issues whilst using your skin that i never experience whilst using any other skin. Sometimes i will move the chat window and an "image" of where the chat window used to be remains. I have checked with all skins, without skins, and everything disabled and it only appears to occur with your skin, any ideas?

RE: RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Willz on 05-11-2009 at 12:53 AM

quote:
I seem to be having issues whilst using your skin that i never experience whilst using any other skin. Sometimes i will move the chat window and an "image" of where the chat window used to be remains. I have checked with all skins, without skins, and everything disabled and it only appears to occur with your skin, any ideas?

Wow that's a new one.

Um can you tell me which settings you have applied as well as any extra reg entries you may have applied and I will see if I can replicate the issue.
RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by NanaFreak on 05-11-2009 at 08:07 AM

This happened to me too last night.. i thought it was just my computer... it happened when i minimized the chat window... doesnt normally happen though

edit: funny thing is... it just happened again...

i will send you my settings on wlm soon willz...

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Eddie on 05-15-2009 at 05:43 PM

Is it possible to add a text shadow to the other users text in the chat window when not using the "light background" on Infusco?

EDIT: Because i have friends that use dark colours and light colours so i cant seem to win in being able to see them both fine without being blinded or unable to read.

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Eddie on 05-17-2009 at 06:57 AM

Following the update today i am still having the issue of minimization when the chat window is the only thing i have open. If you want i can still send you my settings?

I have noticed it only occurs with contacts who don't have emoticons on my list also :S

RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by John Anderton on 05-17-2009 at 07:05 AM

Wow. I can't believe this is the first time I noticed this skin. It looks great. I have one issue with Niveus though. The drop shadow in text looks kinda weird on the whitish background.
Infusco looks perfect though :) Great job once again Willz :)

quote:
As Menthix said I should so have a party when I hit 10 Mill overall :P
rofl.. you do realize Th3rmal and NF are talking about an orgy, right? :P
Well, I'd be glad to join you. 10 million is a nice milestone :)
RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Willz on 05-17-2009 at 07:09 AM

quote:
Following the update today i am still having the issue of minimization when the chat window is the only thing i have open. If you want i can still send you my settings?

Yeah I've been looking into it. Still can't really figure out the exact cause. A registry dump of the settings may come in handy.

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Wow. I can't believe this is the first time I noticed this skin. It looks great. I have one issue with Niveus though. The drop shadow in text looks kinda weird on the whitish background.
Infusco looks perfect though :) Great job once again Willz :)

You can remove the text drop shadow via a registry entry in the RegTweaks directory.

-----

Update

-----

For those that have been experiencing a ghost image of a messenger Window appearing when minimizing it is because of Windows 7.

Messenger Plus! has not been fine tuned to work with Windows 7 so there will be issues with rendering certain skins. There is nothing I can do about that and the fix must be done by Patchou in an update.

Patchou has already stated that he will not be doing anything proper for Windows 7 until RTM.
RE: [Release] Phunk'n 2 by Eddie on 05-17-2009 at 12:39 PM

Just thought i would let you know that the issue mentioned here still remains in 2.0.1.