Shoutbox

Windows 7 with Ultramon - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Windows 7 with Ultramon (/showthread.php?tid=90560)

Windows 7 with Ultramon by segosa on 05-09-2009 at 07:08 AM

Does anyone who uses dual monitors have Windows 7 (RC1) installed with Ultramon? If so, does the secondary taskbar work properly?

This person here says it works with a registry tweak but that the rendering is weird, and some guy in the comments said if you run it in compatibility mode it works fine.

I'm considering installing it on my desktop but I want to ensure that Ultramon's second taskbar does work properly so can anyone confirm that?

RE: Windows 7 with Ultramon by Thor on 05-09-2009 at 10:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
Does anyone who uses dual monitors have Windows 7 (RC1) installed with Ultramon? If so, does the secondary taskbar work properly?

This person here says it works with a registry tweak but that the rendering is weird, and some guy in the comments said if you run it in compatibility mode it works fine.

I'm considering installing it on my desktop but I want to ensure that Ultramon's second taskbar does work properly so can anyone confirm that?
When I tried it, the only thing that worked was the secondary taskbar.
RE: Windows 7 with Ultramon by Patchou on 05-17-2009 at 11:38 PM

The guy still hasn't published an official final version for Vista... seems like he's in no rush which is a shame considering how useful this tool is.

RE: Windows 7 with Ultramon by MeEtc on 05-18-2009 at 01:29 AM

I haven't done much with it yet, but I've been meaning to update from 7000 to 7100, I'll see what I can do.

RE: Windows 7 with Ultramon by John Anderton on 06-19-2009 at 06:05 AM

Well, any updates? I'm about to go multimon on Win7 b7137 :P

RE: Windows 7 with Ultramon by Menthix on 06-19-2009 at 12:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Well, any updates?
Doubt it, there hasn't been any new release since this thread was started. This guy must really hate receiving money. Like patchou said, it's a good tool, and I would pay if it actually worked (and if I were still using multiple monitors).
RE: Windows 7 with Ultramon by John Anderton on 06-20-2009 at 04:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Well, any updates?
Doubt it, there hasn't been any new release since this thread was started. This guy must really hate receiving money. Like patchou said, it's a good tool, and I would pay if it actually worked (and if I were still using multiple monitors).
I probably wouldn't pay for it because I only hook my desk mon to my lappy once every month or so when I have loads of dev work or.. well for the lulz :P

I still don't know why Windows doesn't provide better multimon support. :(
RE: Windows 7 with Ultramon by Jimcando on 06-23-2009 at 07:18 PM

This post from Softpedia expains why Microsoft haven't included multi-monitor support for the taskbar yet. It's from last year, but I'm sure Microsoft are still putting it off.

And on a more related note, I use the free version of MultiMonitor TaskBar. It works perfectly in Windows 7. The only problem you might find is it doesnt match the look of the original task bar, the Pro version can use an XP or Vista theme, but that still wouldnt blend in as well with Windows 7.

RE: Windows 7 with Ultramon by davidpolitis on 07-16-2009 at 09:49 PM

UltraMon 3.0.6 Beta is out.

quote:
What's new in UltraMon 3.0.6 Beta:

Support for Windows 7: the window buttons now work when using the Windows 7 or Windows 7 Basic themes, and the Smart Taskbar matches the Windows 7 look, with support for no labels and small icons. If you disabled the window buttons in order to be able to use a previous release on Windows 7, you'll need to enable them again under UltraMon Options > Buttons and Menu Commands.
· Support has also been added for the drag maximized windows with the mouse feature. If you prefer to use Windows 7's support for dragging maximized windows, you can disable the feature under UltraMon Options > General.
Fixed issues:
· Mirroring may crash when changing settings, for example when adding an additional mirror target monitor
· Smart Taskbar: wrong icons used for task buttons for some applications, for example Taskbar and Start Menu Properties applet with large fonts on Vista, or UltraMon Options dialog
· Fatal error in MultimonGUI.cpp at line 1957 when disabling the disable/enable secondary monitors menu option, then setting the double-click action to disable or enable secondary monitors

RE: Windows 7 with Ultramon by prashker on 07-16-2009 at 10:14 PM

This is epic, however you can't drag things like you can in the real superbar (to rearrange), regardless....this is good for now (y)...hopefully they will improve on this.

RE: Windows 7 with Ultramon by CanadianOriginal on 07-17-2009 at 05:50 AM

I was also an adamant UltraMon user until my switch to Windows 7. I discovered DisplayFusion, and love it. It's not quite as feature rich as UltraMon, but it works nicely, provides a matching taskbar on alternate monitors, and it's portable.

DisplayFusion website

RE: Windows 7 with Ultramon by NanaFreak on 07-31-2009 at 10:39 AM

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/relnotes/3.0.7.asp

woo ...?

RE: Windows 7 with Ultramon by John Anderton on 08-04-2009 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/relnotes/3.0.7.asp

woo ...?
[Image: old_news.jpg]
:P
Sure, it was a week old when you posted it but yeah.. :P
Its great :)

quote:
Originally posted by CanadianOriginal
I was also an adamant UltraMon user until my switch to Windows 7. I discovered DisplayFusion, and love it. It's not quite as feature rich as UltraMon, but it works nicely, provides a matching taskbar on alternate monitors, and it's portable.

DisplayFusion website
Does it allow me to move the system tray to a secondary monitor (in general, any monitor except the first one). I love extended desktops but I find it irritating that the system tray has to be on the first monitor (thus not giving me a genuine extended desktop environment imo).

I wish Microsoft (the OS dev teams) would write this into Windows rather than have third party applications for it. Possibly they don't want to kill the market in this area but their other departments (Messenger for example) don't seem to have a problem integrating features that third party applications have written.
Oh well..