Shoutbox

text outside margins - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: text outside margins (/showthread.php?tid=90587)

text outside margins by bonnienash on 05-11-2009 at 10:17 AM

I am trying to print a Word document.  There is text outside the right hand margin.  This text does not print out.  I have tried to change the margin to a wider margin but the text remains OUTSIDE the margin.

I have tried copying the document to a new document.  I have emailed it to myself and opened it in Word 2007 (It was created in an earlier version).  No luck.

I have also tried reducing the font size so it fits within the margins, then copied it to a new document.  When I increase the font size, there is text still outside the margine (which I can't print out).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  I thought this would be really easy to fix but it has got me stumped.

Document is attached.

Thanks.

RE: text outside margins by Vilkku on 05-11-2009 at 12:55 PM

See that little triangle thing on the ruler? Move it so that it is within the margin.

RE: text outside margins by bonnienash on 05-11-2009 at 01:57 PM

Thanks for your reply.   I appreciate it.  I had been moving the triangle on the ruler - but until I highlighted all the text (contol & A), it didn't make any difference.

Kind regards,
Bonnie

RE: text outside margins by Spunky on 05-11-2009 at 03:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bonnienash
Thanks for your reply.   I appreciate it.  I had been moving the triangle on the ruler - but until I highlighted all the text (contol & A), it didn't make any difference.

Kind regards,
Bonnie

Yes, it only affects the current selection, although one of those markers is for all text (or at least the current paragraph) IIRC

RE: text outside margins by Jarrod on 05-11-2009 at 08:42 PM

there is also an indent button which moves the triangle for you for the current paragraph