Shoutbox

Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Forum: Skin Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+------ Thread: Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome (/showthread.php?tid=90596)

Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome by Dutchmaster on 05-11-2009 at 10:38 PM

If the Old Oil Slick Skin:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=85403

Could be made for the 9.0 (2009) version
then it would be very very awesome :P

I Realy Enjoyed it but it stopped working after this stupid
msn update...

Regards.
Dutchmaster

RE: Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome by blessedguy on 05-11-2009 at 10:45 PM

Another request, another time:

quote:
The authour will update his work when he wants to if and only if he wants to, also, nobody besides the only and one author can make this (only with explicit authorization, as it's his work).
Sooo, don't take this bad, but noone can force Volv to restart working on his skin, he will do it if he wants to, but let him take his time. Don't worry =)
RE: Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome by Dutchmaster on 05-11-2009 at 10:50 PM

ok well it was kinda to Volv but what ever xD
Ty for ur fast replay i can see ur a post freak lolz

and well i'll wait till volv has some free time and nothing to do

RE: Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome by blessedguy on 05-11-2009 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dutchmaster
Ty for ur fast replay i can see ur a post freak lolz
Oġ I forgot I am a Posting Freak =P, 907 posts already *-*
Anyways,

quote:
Originally posted by Dutchmaster
i'll wait till volv has some free time and nothing to do
That's the spirit ^^
RE: Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome by Dutchmaster on 05-11-2009 at 10:56 PM

hehe ok
lets hope his vacation come's fast this year

RE: Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome by Volv on 05-12-2009 at 09:23 AM

Oh man lol, talk about pressure...

RE: RE: Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome by Dutchmaster on 05-12-2009 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Oh man lol, talk about pressure...

so volv this means ur gonna make it?
or u dont want to/got the time for it?
RE: Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome by bigb88 on 05-12-2009 at 09:22 PM

yea this would be nice to see

RE: Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome by John Anderton on 05-13-2009 at 09:06 AM

Guys, lay up on him. When WLM 9 came out, I already asked him for an update for 2 of his skins that I really like. He has been busy IRL which is why he hasn't updated his skin.

You can do what I do and wait for an update (that might or might not come) or just downgrade to WLM 8.5 or something (assuming it still works) and use the skins :)

We (developers) do have our own lives :) working for the community is great but we hope the community understands that we do this work for free and in our spare time so if we don't have any spare time to commit to this work, you guys should understand. :)

RE: Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome by Dutchmaster on 05-13-2009 at 12:55 PM

jah i know that
its just that i realy liked it and i cant downgrade messenger any more, it gives me a error that live suit isnt installed or something

so thats why i started this topic
ive also tried to copy the 8.5 version from my laptop to my home pc, it worked but a lot of features arnt working such as voice clips
and sending stuff

RE: Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome by Parks1993 on 09-01-2009 at 06:43 PM

Please Volv...It says that on September 15th everyone has to have 2009 or you can't sign in and i hate 2009...Please make the skin work with 2009...Im begging you....

RE: Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome by John Anderton on 09-01-2009 at 09:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Parks1993
Please Volv...It says that on September 15th everyone has to have 2009 or you can't sign in and i hate 2009...Please make the skin work with 2009...Im begging you....

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Guys, lay up on him. When WLM 9 came out, I already asked him for an update for 2 of his skins that I really like. He has been busy IRL which is why he hasn't updated his skin.

You can do what I do and wait for an update (that might or might not come) or just downgrade to WLM 8.5 or something (assuming it still works) and use the skins :)

We (developers) do have our own lives :) working for the community is great but we hope the community understands that we do this work for free and in our spare time so if we don't have any spare time to commit to this work, you guys should understand. :)
To add to this, I know its difficult. I know the skins (Oil Slick and Deep Blue) are really great but lets face it, people have lives and lives keep them busy. So if its community based work (work for free out of personal interest), there are times when such projects take a back seat to more important things.

Possible solutions include moving to skins that are actually work on WLM 2009 or simply learning how to make skins and make a WLM 2009 compatible skin which kinda looks like Oil Slick (or is Oil Slick v2)

Note: I'm not saying you can rip Oil Slick off. Don't be a douche. If you want to make a 2009 compatible skin, ask Volv first if you can use the resources he's embedded in the skin and only after he gives you the green light should you start work. Make sure you give him credit :)
RE: Oil Slick Skin for 2009 Would Be Awesome by JoaoVr on 03-06-2010 at 04:56 PM

Don't let Oil Slick die! :$