Shoutbox

UK members preferable. Everton Help. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: UK members preferable. Everton Help. (/showthread.php?tid=90627)

UK members preferable. Everton Help. by Vimto on 05-14-2009 at 09:58 AM

Seems like I'm always asking for help!

Well, I have an interview on saturday for a new Everton Football Club store opening in liverpool one.

In the spec it says that an interest in football is essential and for starters, I don't even support them.

So I just need some basic info, current information, that they could ask me. Good players, where Everton is at the moment and how there doing etc.

Any help would be muchly appreciated. :)

RE: UK members preferable. Everton Help. by Eddie on 05-14-2009 at 10:11 AM

I'm not an Everton fan myself but the Wikipedia page would probably be your best bet, or there website.

RE: UK members preferable. Everton Help. by Vimto on 05-14-2009 at 10:13 AM

I've looked on both, just not sure which info would be relevant for me to remember.

RE: UK members preferable. Everton Help. by Eddie on 05-14-2009 at 10:16 AM

Well the Wikipedia pages usually provide the latest details in terms of a public view, latest position in the table etc, if you want to follow news of them check out the bbc sport football website :)

RE: RE: UK members preferable. Everton Help. by Vimto on 05-14-2009 at 03:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
Everton currently 6th in the league, 1 point behind Aston Villa.
Manager since 2002 is David Moyes.
Their original ground was Anfield which is now Liverpool's.
They now play at Goodison Park which opened 24 August, 1892.
Best players are probably Jo (on loan from Manchester City), Steven Pienaar and goalkeeper Tim Howard.
They are in the FA Cup final against Chelsea on 30th May.

That's great thanks! Thats the kinda stuff I was after.
I was worried in case they were like "So who's the best player in your opinion?" "What is their next match?" etc. :)

I'm a liverpool supporter myself but the new store looks awesome.

RE: UK members preferable. Everton Help. by Eddie on 05-14-2009 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
quote:
Best players are probably Jo (on loan from Manchester City), Steven Pienaar and goalkeeper Tim Howard.

I was worried in case they were like "So who's the best player in your opinion?" "What is their next match?" etc. :)

Sorry i couldn't help ya, but if you ever need help for a Chelsea store :P Then i will be very willing to assist :P
RE: RE: UK members preferable. Everton Help. by Vimto on 05-14-2009 at 05:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
quote:

Sorry i couldn't help ya, but if you ever need help for a Chelsea store :P Then i will be very willing to assist :P

No you did help :) I got some stuff of wikipedia also!
RE: UK members preferable. Everton Help. by Vimto on 05-14-2009 at 11:04 PM

Yeah I think all of my brothers would disown me if I had to wear the blue everton shirt :P. My friend works in another one and he has to wear a blue jumper.

RE: UK members preferable. Everton Help. by ixesha on 05-15-2009 at 09:48 AM

You might want to remember the name of their chairman: Bill Kenwright. He's considered one of the better chairmen in the league because he is actually very close to the club itself rather than an aloof businessman. I would also disagree with that list of their best players. Mikael Arteta, Tim Cahill and Marouane Fellaini are all better. Just don't mention that you actually support Liverpool though. ;P

RE: UK members preferable. Everton Help. by Vimto on 05-15-2009 at 10:28 AM

Yeah I've noted down this information now...
Everton are currently 6th in the league, 1 point behind Aston Villa.
They play at Goodison Park which opened 24 August, 1892.
Best players are Jagielka (defender, injured), Arteta (midfield, injured) and Yakubu (forward, injured). Fellaine is most expensive transfer/player.
Best player ever was Dixie Dean bought from Tranmere 1924.

In store, large display, displaying all of Everton’s firsts.

RE: UK members preferable. Everton Help. by Voldemort on 05-15-2009 at 04:21 PM

memorize at least 11 players (srsly, a good fan is supposed to know that)

RE: UK members preferable. Everton Help. by djdannyp on 05-15-2009 at 11:44 PM

You know you don't have to be a fan to work for the club right?  they're not idiots, I guarantee there are Liverpool fans in Everton's staff and vice-versa,  Letting them know ur a Liverpool fan won't be a problem, but obviously knowing about the club is important....definitely don't go pretending to be an Everton fan or you'll get caught out...FAST.

I'd have to say that their best players are Cahill, Jagielka and Fellaini...although the others mentioned are all up there too.

The main thing I'd say about them is that they're advancing as a club...a few years ago there was nothing to set them apart...now they're guaranteed European football next season, have England internationals in their ranks...and a possible first piece of silverware for ~15 years is on the way...definitely an advancing club

RE: UK members preferable. Everton Help. by MC Inferno on 05-30-2009 at 12:07 PM

Scouser over here vimto... should of PM'd me :P

I'll ask my gf when she gets back (shes a die hard blue), but I know this little nugget: It's going to be called "Everton 2" and the original shop near the ground wil be called "Everton 1". But theres a second reason:

Liverpool 1... Everton 2, get it? :P

Tell 'em you think thats a boss idea. Sure to get you in the good books.

EDIT: Oh, and "feed the Yak and he will score" apprantly.

RE: UK members preferable. Everton Help. by Vimto on 05-31-2009 at 08:40 AM

I had the interview, they good as told me I had it, but they asked if I was willing to be flexible during the working week, which I'm not because I have college every day (n).

But thanks anyway everyone! This stuff definately helped me during the interview, they asked about players and Evertons current position etc. :)

@ MC Inferno - Had no idea you were from liverpool, where abouts? (in a strictly non stalker sense)

But yeah thanks again everyone (k)