Shoutbox

[Release] Fuse - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Release] Fuse (/showthread.php?tid=90644)

[Release] Fuse by Willz on 05-15-2009 at 02:43 PM

Well boys and girls. I come to you today bearing a brand new skin called fuse. Fuse is something I have been working on and off for the past few months. Messenger 9's layout is difficult to manipulate when it comes to taking down the extra space Microsoft added in.

With every skin I made, I learnt a bit more on how to get around some of these sizing restrictions to condense the space down. So after a lot of coding I was able to construct a skin which significantly brings down the minimum window size you can have when using Messenger.

Fuse features a highly compressed chat window and contact list design. It took a lot of experimentation and a mixture of code from different skins to be able to come to the final product (kinda how it got it's name, it's a fusion of all the layout compression I have done.)

Fuse features the standard options you guys have been used to in my skins recently and also uses some of the extra registry entries you see in Phunk'n as a little bonus. But yeah I recommend people check out this skin because it really does grow on you (like how it colorizes and if you combine it with the right scene it looks really nice).

Now for some screenshots:

[Image: fuse_CL_01.png]

[Image: fuse_CW.png]

Well that's all for now. Stay tuned because there is still more to come this month in terms of skins.

Willz.

RE: [Release] Fuse by Eddie on 05-15-2009 at 02:46 PM

Wow that is pretty compressed, i will probably end up using that because i like a nice little window and it to be as compressed as possible, does it allow making larger though?

RE: RE: [Release] Fuse by Willz on 05-15-2009 at 02:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Wow that is pretty compressed, i will probably end up using that because i like a nice little window and it to be as compressed as possible, does it allow making larger though?

As in window resizing? Yes.

If you are talking about restoring say the min max close bar to be tall again then no :P
RE: [Release] Fuse by Spunky on 05-15-2009 at 03:12 PM

I know I say this a lot, but I love it. That will be my new skin when I get home :p

RE: [Release] Fuse by James Potter on 05-15-2009 at 03:18 PM

Where's the download link?
Man, if this and Ev0 where to be combined, it'd be cooler. :O

RE: [Release] Fuse by Spunky on 05-15-2009 at 03:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by James Potter

The pictures?
RE: [Release] Fuse by James Potter on 05-15-2009 at 03:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:

The pictures?
Oh, how silly of me. Did not recognise at first. :P

Err, can I resize the bottom Display Picture in the chat window?

Btw, the text box (where you write), is buggy when using "Raavi" as font and 14pt as font size. =\ Buggy in the sense that text is not displayed, but emoticons are. I will need to click on the "Choose font" button and click "OK" every time to make the text appear.
RE: [Release] Fuse by Matti on 05-15-2009 at 04:12 PM

Willz surprises us with yet another amazing skin... Installed and using! :D

quote:
Btw, the text box (where you write), is buggy when using "Raavi" as font and 14pt as font size. =\ Buggy in the sense that text is not displayed, but emoticons are. I will need to click on the "Choose font" button and click "OK" every time to make the text appear.
Yes, I'm having the same problem. The text appears in white first and when I open the Choose Font dialog and press OK, the text appears but the color appears slightly lighter in the text box than the one I chose.

Oh, and is it really necessary to reduce the opacity of the text in the chat history? I prefer readable text, but it could just be on purpose for this kind of skin. Although maybe that opacity change could be the cause of these kinds of side effects... I don't know...

Never mind! The minor hotfix release fixed all those tiny problems for me! :D Great job, Willz! :)
RE: [Release] Fuse by Willz on 05-15-2009 at 04:16 PM

Just a note. For those that are experiencing an issue where your typing font randomly gets changed to white I have updated the skin to fix this minor issue. It happens pretty randomly so yeah.

There is no build change since it was a one line kinda thing. Just redownload the the skin and it should be fine.

RE: [Release] Fuse by warmth on 05-15-2009 at 06:21 PM

Feels pretty nice and clean... goint to try it ;)

RE: [Release] Fuse by Nagamasa on 05-15-2009 at 11:22 PM

I like it. It's so clean and simple...just my style :)

RE: [Release] Fuse by John Anderton on 05-16-2009 at 09:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
I like it. It's so clean and simple...just my style :)

RE: [Release] Fuse by Shiny Rabbit on 05-16-2009 at 10:16 AM

I guess the only complaint I have is that it's dark and it makes some people's names hard to read, I would be all over a lighter version of this

RE: [Release] Fuse by Basilis on 05-16-2009 at 04:10 PM

I couldn't guess how handy this skin would be. It has made my Messenger really small.

P.S. The name of the skin in the database is fuse and not Fuse. It is a mistake?

RE: [Release] Fuse by Rorix on 05-17-2009 at 01:33 AM

There doesn't seem to have any way to access the menu bar if you hide the search bar.

RE: RE: [Release] Fuse by Willz on 05-17-2009 at 02:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rorix
There doesn't seem to have any way to access the menu bar if you hide the search bar.

You can still access the menu bar by pressing Alt. If you want to use the actual button then you shouldn't hide the search bar.
RE: [Release] Fuse by John Anderton on 05-17-2009 at 06:22 AM

Just installed the skin. Its hot! Finally a simplistic skin that looks clean and sweet. As usual, a Willz release is 150% complete :)
Great job. Keep making skins like this and I'll love you long time :)
(I'm more of a fan of this type of skins than the super complex and flashy ones :P)
<3 Willz

PS: I want to have you babies ;o

RE: [Release] Fuse by Volv on 05-17-2009 at 07:40 AM

^ Everything JA just said (espeically the babies), this skin is amazing.

RE: [Release] Fuse by James Potter on 05-17-2009 at 08:02 AM

Willz, how to resize the lower (your) DP in the conversation window? Looks odd when it's huge compared to your contact's DP...

RE: RE: [Release] Fuse by Willz on 05-17-2009 at 08:16 AM

quote:
Willz, how to resize the lower (your) DP in the conversation window? Looks odd when it's huge compared to your contact's DP...

You can only do it to a certain point using the reg entry. Its because the region its in is in the old scene area. This means the DP size can't go over the height of the constrainer which holds the scene in place.

If you don't like the little contacts DP then switch back to the original DP layout.
RE: [Release] Fuse by James Potter on 05-17-2009 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:

You can only do it to a certain point using the reg entry. Its because the region its in is in the old scene area. This means the DP size can't go over the height of the constrainer which holds the scene in place.

If you don't like the little contacts DP then switch back to the original DP layout.
I like the contacts' DP, I just hate mine, it's too huge compared to theirs'. So how to resize mine? :P
RE: RE: [Release] Fuse by Willz on 05-17-2009 at 08:37 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:

I like the contacts' DP, I just hate mine, it's too huge compared to theirs'. So how to resize mine? :P

DP button dropdown button? Man people need to look around more. It's amazing how people miss Messengers own features simply because they don't look. :P
RE: [Release] Fuse by Rorix on 11-11-2009 at 03:03 AM

I've recently been seeing a problem with fuse and tabbed chats.  When I have tabbed chats on, and move the conversation window, there will have a window remaining showing an image of the inactive chats. It's bit hard to describe so I'll attach some images.

2 chats, tabbed.
[Image: 96127624.jpg]

If I drag the window up and to the left, the 2nd chat is visible underneath.  However, it can't be clicked, the clicks will go through as if it weren't there.
[Image: 32000245.jpg]

RE: [Release] Fuse by NanaFreak on 11-11-2009 at 03:19 AM

this has happened to me again recently... i think it was when i updated to 1.0.2 (from 1.0.0)

(!VER) :
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (6.1.7600)
Windows Live Messenger 14.0.0726
Messenger Plus! Live 4.83.0.372
Skin: fuse 1.0.2

RE: [Release] Fuse by MeEtc on 11-11-2009 at 06:07 AM

quote:
I've recently been seeing a problem with fuse and tabbed chats.  When I have tabbed chats on, and move the conversation window, there will have a window remaining showing an image of the inactive chats. It's bit hard to describe so I'll attach some images.

I found this too. Happens when you run WLM in compatibility mode for vista while on Win7

RE: [Release] Fuse by warmth on 11-11-2009 at 06:14 AM

Has nothing to do with Fuse I think... is an issue of MP!L or WLM itself with compatibility mode...

RE: [Release] Fuse by Rorix on 11-11-2009 at 06:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
quote:

I found this too. Happens when you run WLM in compatibility mode for vista while on Win7

Ah, thanks. That solved the problem. Guess I'll just get used to msn in the taskbar.
RE: [Release] Fuse by NanaFreak on 11-11-2009 at 09:33 AM

ummm... im not using messenger in compatibility mode... and it still happened to me... so i dont think its strictly that...

RE: [Release] Fuse by Dutchcoffee on 11-27-2009 at 09:48 PM

How do I set the default formatting window size? It always comes up big.

RE: [Release] Fuse by eltselfer on 02-06-2010 at 11:43 AM

This Skin Is Awesome ... But Just one thing made me sad ...

when you open mesenger ... the box where u have to put ur username n password .... the size of the dp is soo small .... it should be big ... tht would be awesome :) :)

RE: [Release] Fuse by eltselfer on 02-10-2010 at 05:18 PM

when the other contact has a dynamic dp ... the frame is positioned higher than the picture .. please fix it