Shoutbox

New version of Messenger Plus?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: New version of Messenger Plus?? (/showthread.php?tid=90672)

New version of Messenger Plus?? by Butcher_ss on 05-17-2009 at 01:09 PM

Hello, i just received a message that there is a new version of Messenger Plus available for download (from WLM). I didn't click on it just to make sure that there is indeed a new version out. However when i check the main site i keep getting that the version to download is the one i currently have installed (released on 22nd of March, version 4.81.358). Is there a newer version out and the main page hasn't been updated or is this some sort of malware? Thank you for your time and any help is appreciated.

Butcher

RE: New version of Messenger Plus?? by Thor on 05-17-2009 at 01:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Butcher_ss
Hello, i just received a message that there is a new version of Messenger Plus available for download (from WLM). I didn't click on it just to make sure that there is indeed a new version out. However when i check the main site i keep getting that the version to download is the one i currently have installed (released on 22nd of March, version 4.81.358). Is there a newer version out and the main page hasn't been updated or is this some sort of malware? Thank you for your time and any help is appreciated.

Butcher
It is just a minor update, safe to download from within Plus! or from the homepage itself.
RE: New version of Messenger Plus?? by whYeNQue on 05-17-2009 at 11:25 PM

yeh i've got the latest version too... (build 358) and it is asking me to update with the same build... surely even if there was a minor update, the build number would increase, or there would be a post about it on main news.

RE: New version of Messenger Plus?? by Nagamasa on 05-18-2009 at 05:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by whYeNQue
yeh i've got the latest version too... (build 358) and it is asking me to update with the same build... surely even if there was a minor update, the build number would increase, or there would be a post about it on main news.
There actually wasn't an official post about it :)
RE: New version of Messenger Plus?? by Patchou on 05-19-2009 at 04:22 AM

There is no new version yet, sorry for the auto-update problem, I'm doing some tests with the system and I'll be done by Wednesday.