Shoutbox

[Release] Photo Sharing Disabler - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler (/showthread.php?tid=90715)

[Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by master4523 on 05-20-2009 at 11:14 AM

Photo Sharing Disabler
Version 1.0

Description :
Photo Sharing was made to annoy you while sending a screenshot (with PrintScreen & CTRL+V). Bored of that ? With this script you can enable or disable this feature.

Made by Master4523.
Thanks to CookieRevised for functions to read and write bytes in memory.

Only works on WLM 14.0.0206.

DOWNLOAD LINK

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by NanaFreak on 05-20-2009 at 11:33 AM

this can be easily done with the registry setting made available by Patchou with MP!L.

see Messenger Plus! Live - Registry Settings and search for "OverrideImgTransfer"

a simple .reg file would be all that is required to fix the issue...

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by Schnappi on 05-20-2009 at 12:33 PM

yes but sometimes you would prefer to switch between photo sharing and normal file sending.
this is useful in that case.

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by blessedguy on 05-21-2009 at 12:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Schnappi
yes but sometimes you would prefer to switch between photo sharing and normal file sending.
this is useful in that case.
That will only work when Messenger is restarted,
AND:
quote:
Originally posted by master4523
Made by Master4523.
Thanks to CookieRevised for functions to read and write bytes in memory.
That strangely reminds me of guru (the one who created the Offline Helper, Idle Liar, and Nudges Tools scripts)....

AND:
quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
this can be easily done with the registry setting made available by Patchou with MP!L.

see Messenger Plus! Live - Registry Settings and search for "OverrideImgTransfer"

An activate and an deactivate reg file would be much faster than using a script.
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by NanaFreak on 05-21-2009 at 06:46 AM

I think by the way that the script is working is that it will be instant as its changing the memory of the program... so it would be faster than a .reg file... but i prefer it if i could totally delete the photosharing instead of just for print screens...

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by Menthix on 05-21-2009 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
That will only work when Messenger is restarted
This scripts doesn't need a restart to switch.
quote:
I think by the way that the script is working is that it will be instant as its changing the memory of the program... so it would be faster than a .reg file
Indeed.

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by matty on 05-21-2009 at 11:09 AM

fail.

Javascript code:
function OnGetScriptMenu() {
    if (Address) {
        var ret = "<ScriptMenu>";
        if (Enabled) ret += "<MenuEntry Id=\"MnuChange\">Disable</MenuEntry>";
        else ret += "<MenuEntry Id=\"MnuChange\">Enable</MenuEntry>";
        ret += "</ScriptMenu>";
        return ret;
    }
}

function OnGetScriptCommands(){
    if (Address) {
        var ret = "<ScriptMenu>";
        if (Enabled) ret += "<MenuEntry Id=\"MnuChange\">Disable</MenuEntry>";
        else ret += "<MenuEntry Id=\"MnuChange\">Enable</MenuEntry>";
        ret += "</ScriptMenu>";
        return ret;
    }
}

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by blessedguy on 05-21-2009 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
That will only work when Messenger is restarted
This scripts doesn't need a restart to switch.
Why?

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by Mnjul on 05-21-2009 at 05:35 PM

quote:
but i prefer it if i could totally delete the photosharing instead of just for print screens...
iirc shouldn't this patching stop all the photosharing thing, instead of just print screens (which Patchou's registry does?)
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by Menthix on 05-21-2009 at 05:42 PM

quote:
Why?
I assume because of what Nana said. I didn't really look at the code, but used it to see if everything works properly.
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by TheGuruSupremacy on 05-21-2009 at 06:09 PM

The code is stolen from my scripts(in which i credit CookieRevised for functions to write bytes memory and TheBlasphemer to have helped me to get the scripts working on windows vista/7).The Function patch was made by me not by Cookie.And also this code was stolen from my scripts

code:
var Handle = Interop.Call("Kernel32","GetModuleHandleW",null);
    var sBuffer = Interop.Allocate(PatchOld.length);
    Address = (Address - 0x00400000) + Handle;

I assume that at least the byte to patch is your own work.

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by Mnjul on 05-21-2009 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
No, I presume?
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by blessedguy on 05-21-2009 at 06:56 PM

If it DOES contain copied code and stuff from other places, uncreditted and not-explicitely-allowed, shouldn't it be removed from the database?

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by TheGuruSupremacy on 05-21-2009 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
quote:
No, I presume?

On my dictionary both of them are synonyms of  suppose.I used assume because i heard it several times on tv

quote:
If it DOES contain copied code and stuff from other places, uncreditted and not-explicitely-allowed, shouldn't it be removed from the database?

Well it's not needed.He credited Cookie but he forgot to credit TB(To Credit me is not important my code to patch is anyway based on cookie's code)
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by blessedguy on 05-21-2009 at 07:25 PM

quote:
quote:

Well it's not needed.He credited Cookie but he forgot to credit TB(To Credit me is not important my code to patch is anyway based on cookie's code)
(Y)
Just being cautionous. =P
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by CookieRevised on 05-22-2009 at 02:22 AM

psst, correction:

quote:
The Function patch was made by me not by Cookie.
Sorry, but if you want to talk origins and be precise, then the patch function like it is written was actually made by me. (so are the many other code flows like the SignIn function etc, which are all almost literally copies of what I did before in my memory patching scripts). See all my patch scripts where I used the exact same code.

The patch functions in your NudgesToolScript and Idle Liar scripts for example are also a word for word 'copy' of the one I used in Auto-Emoticons, Unlimited Nudges, etc... including the variable names (but minus the comments from my scripts).

Not that I didn't wanted you to copy them though, but correct is correct ;)

---

and the code:
code:
var Handle = Interop.Call("Kernel32","GetModuleHandleW",null);
    var sBuffer = Interop.Allocate(PatchOld.length);
    Address = (Address - 0x00400000) + Handle;

Can't be 'be stolen' because it is almost strait forward stuff to convert a base address to the correct virtual address in case the module is loaded in a different base offset. Nothing unique at all. It is (should be) used in almost every program and script which deals with memory patching (although not always like in my scripts where I simply ignore the possebility :p). It is in fact a mandatory step for such programs and thus should be common knowledge* and can not be owned or be claimed that "someone came up with it" or "invented it" and thus "stole it". It's another thing when someone (eg: TB) points out the nessecity of it of course.

provided he who put that code in his program/script knows what it does and why it is there of course. Otherwise it is just plain script-kiddy copying (but still not "stealing unique code" imho).

---

All and still with huge respect to TheGuruSupremacy though ;)

---

quote:

No, that registry setting will not completely disable Photo Sharing....
This script does...

see OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending
in which you actually corrected the OP and said the exact same thing I do now: that the registry key does not completely disables Photo Sharing; it only disables Photo Sharing for pasted image data, not for dropped graphic files

---

PS: master4523, I suggest to change this:
code:
MsgPlus.DisplayToast("Photo Sharing", "Windows Live Messenger " + Messenger.Version.toFixed(1) + ".0" + Messenger.VersionBuild + "\nis not supported");

to:
code:
MsgPlus.DisplayToast("Photo Sharing", "Windows Live Messenger " + Messenger.Version.toFixed(1) + "." + ("000" + Messenger.VersionBuild).slice(-4) + "\nis not supported");
Since the buildnumber isn't always a 3 digit number anymore (since a long time actually).

Also, the function OnGetScriptCommands() is wrong in your code. You don't have any commands in your code to begin with.

And you might want to store the setting user specific, not globally (thus by using Messenger.MyUserId).

And I hope you didn't just blindly copied all the code from my scripts and from TheGuruSupremacy's scripts without understanding what it all does.
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by NanaFreak on 05-22-2009 at 05:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

quote:

No, that registry setting will not completely disable Photo Sharing....
This script does...

see OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending
in which you actually corrected the OP and said the exact same thing I do now: that the registry key does not completely disables Photo Sharing; it only disables Photo Sharing for pasted image data, not for dropped graphic files
yea sorry.. i didnt know what the script did because he wasnt that explanitory. but yea, this is better than the reg... ;)
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by TheGuruSupremacy on 05-22-2009 at 01:46 PM

quote:
Sorry, but if you want to talk origins and be precise, then the patch function like it is written was actually made by me. (so are the many other code flows like the SignIn function etc, which are all almost literally copies of what I did before in my memory patching scripts). See all my patch scripts where I used the exact same code.

The patch functions in your NudgesToolScript and Idle Liar scripts for example are also a word for word 'copy' of the one I used in Auto-Emoticons, Unlimited Nudges, etc... including the variable names (but minus the comments from my scripts).

Not that I didn't wanted you to copy them though, but correct is correct

I have told that function patch was mine,just because i remembered to have written that function.As i already said in my previous post and as you said  that function was literally a copy of your code.But when i created that function in my first patching script i based my work on your idle on demand script in which the function is named Setidle or idle (i don't remember).In all my scripts i always credited you for that.What you didn't understand(probably because of my bad english)was that i just was answering to the blessedguy.And without doubts the creator of this script based his work on one of mine scripts(that are based on yours).

quote:
Can't be 'be stolen' because it is almost strait forward stuff to convert a base address to the correct virtual address in case the module is loaded in a different base offset. Nothing unique at all. It is (should be) used in almost every program and script which deals with memory patching (although not always like in my scripts where I simply ignore the possebility :p). It is in fact a mandatory step for such programs and thus should be common knowledge* and can not be owned or be claimed that "someone came up with it" or "invented it" and thus "stole it". It's another thing when someone (eg: TB) points out the nessecity of it of cours

Well you are right(another time you corrected me because of my bad english):what  i wanted to explain is that probably he just copied the code from my script.Without doubts no one has invented it.However only in my scripts there is that code(written in the same way).I wrote that code after people have started to say my script didn't work on vista.And because i never had vista I asked to tb if he could try it(because i knew he had vista and he is a guru of r.engineering)

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by CookieRevised on 05-22-2009 at 06:13 PM

You got that patch function from the 'Unlimited Nudges' script I think. A few days after I wrote the 'Idle on Demand' script (already 3 years ago, wow :p) I wrote the 'Unlimited Nudges' script. And in that script there is a function:

Javascript code:
// Do the actual patching.
function Patch(nAddress, sByteString) {
    // Make a decent byte array out of the string.
    // This is again where Plus! comes short with its WriteString() function IMHO.
    // Also notice that older Plus! versions expect signed bytes with SetAt(), so we use WriteWORD() instead.
    var sBuffer = Interop.Allocate(++sByteString.length);
    for (var j = 0; j < sByteString.length; j++) sBuffer.WriteWORD(j, sByteString.charCodeAt(j));
    var hProc = Interop.Call("Kernel32", "GetCurrentProcess");
    Interop.Call("Kernel32", "WriteProcessMemory", hProc, nAddress, sBuffer.DataPtr, sByteString.length, 0);
}

looking familiar? :d
the 'uniqueness' of this code (hence why I reconize it as written by me) is the trick I did by using WriteWord to overcome a bug in Plus! and allocating the buffer one byte longer than needed because of it. I was also the first to report/notice that the SetAt()/GetAt() functions needed signed bytes. Nobody before had noticed it (that I know of) because several scripts at that time which used SetAt() or GetAt(), for different stuff that is, had this bug of not returning what the script creator expected it to return. After I reported this in public, several scripts started to use 'GetAt() & 0xFF' (as shown in 'Unlimited Nudges' script), instead of just GetAt().

Anyways, enough off topic history jabber talk, I'll shut up now ;)
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by TheGuruSupremacy on 05-22-2009 at 06:54 PM

quote:
You got that patch function from the 'Unlimited Nudges' script I think. A few days after I wrote the 'Idle on Demand' script (already 3 years ago, wow :p) I wrote the 'Unlimited Nudges' script. And in that script there is a function:
Javascript code:
// Do the actual patching.
function Patch(nAddress, sByteString) {
    // Make a decent byte array out of the string.
    // This is again where Plus! comes short with its WriteString() function IMHO.
    // Also notice that older Plus! versions expect signed bytes with SetAt(), so we use WriteWORD() instead.
    var sBuffer = Interop.Allocate(++sByteString.length);
    for (var j = 0; j < sByteString.length; j++) sBuffer.WriteWORD(j, sByteString.charCodeAt(j));
    var hProc = Interop.Call("Kernel32", "GetCurrentProcess");
    Interop.Call("Kernel32", "WriteProcessMemory", hProc, nAddress, sBuffer.DataPtr, sByteString.length, 0);
}

looking familiar? :d

Anyways, enough jabber talk, I'll shut up now ;)

What you say has no sense.First of all you seem really arrogant.I have written the function coping YOUR code from the signin function of idle on demand script.So it is anyway a copy of YOUR code and saying that i think i had no reason to declare the false when i say that i wrote by myself the function.Because what i said is that i copied YOUR code and pasted it in a function called patch.So i have anyway no credit for that function.The only reason i REPEAT why i said that the function was mine,it's just to reply to blessedguy.Moreover in a previous post i replied again to blessedguy saying that the creator should have not credit ME because that code is YOURS.So i don't understand why you continue this squabble.To Continue with a no sense polemic is useless.I have never credited myself for your works(i have credited you everywhere:here,in the script description,in the about window)so i think to be correct and as i explained before i would not have no reason to lie.

[edit]removed useless info[/edit]
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by blessedguy on 05-22-2009 at 08:06 PM

Enough?
He was just explaining who really created that, since you said

quote:
The Function patch was made by me not by Cookie.
wich turned out to be a misunderstanding from both parts.
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by TheGuruSupremacy on 05-22-2009 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Enough?
He was just explaining who really created that, since you said

wich turned out to be a misunderstanding from both parts.

Well but i had already explained that misunderstanding in a previous post so there was no reason to continue.I explained clearly that copying his code and put it in a function or copying the function is the same thing(in both cases he has the merit).So i don't know why he continues to say i lie because seeing the facts i really have no reasons to do that
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by CookieRevised on 05-22-2009 at 09:17 PM

ok, let me explain _why_ I replied.

The first time I replied because you said:
"The Function patch was made by me, not by Cookie."...
Which is wrong and thus I replied because that Patch() function does come literally out of my scripts, word for word.

The second time I replied was because you said you thought you copied the patch() code out of the 'Idle on demand' script.
Although that script was probably used as a base, I simply suggested that the actual Patch() code which is used in this 'Disable PhotoSharing' script and in your 'NudgesToolScript' script comes from the 'Unlimited Nudges' script, not from 'Idle on demand' script. The 'Idle on Demand' script uses a slightly different Patch() function.

The two things above can easly be verified by anyone by downloading those old scripts.

I never called you a liar and/or never intended to call you a liar, sorry if that seemed so.
In fact, I do respect you (and you can verify that by asking other people how I feel about you) because I know you would not copy code without crediting and because I know you know your stuff... I simply wanted to correct those two things you've said, I don't see what's so arrogant about that...

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by TheGuruSupremacy on 05-22-2009 at 09:45 PM

I have to admit at the facts that the functions are really the same,but well when i replied i was sure i wrote that function(to be honest i'm still sure).Comparing the code it seems you are right,but well actually that's no important because in both of the cases i don't see the difference:copying the function or your code and put it in a function for me is the same thing.That's why i didn't understand why you had to continue.However to talk about the script someone could be find interest that page ..Well i really think the author just copied all stuff.

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by NanaFreak on 05-29-2009 at 01:31 PM

Think i just found a bug in the script, i had restarted my wlm and it said that photosharing was disabled but when i sent a file it used photosharing.

to fix it i had to "enable" and "disable" again... just thought you should know :)

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by CookieRevised on 05-31-2009 at 09:38 AM

quote:
Think i just found a bug in the script, i had restarted my wlm and it said that photosharing was disabled but when i sent a file it used photosharing.

to fix it i had to "enable" and "disable" again... just thought you should know :)
Where did it say it was enabled?

Because there is nothing in the script which tells the user if it was enabled or not. Except in 2 places:

1) When you actually click on the submenu "enable" or "disable" to enable or disable it. So maybe you were a bit confused for a split second and saw "enable" and thought it meant the script was enabled. But remember that this menu says the opposite of what the current state is.

2) After clicking the above menu you will see a toast popping up telling if the function has been enabled or disabled. But that can only be seen when you actually click on the menu, not after a WLM restart.
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by NanaFreak on 05-31-2009 at 10:55 AM

yea i think i was confused about that... but i think the script should re-enable after messenger restarts...

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by CookieRevised on 05-31-2009 at 11:46 AM

Hang on.

You are 100% correct, there is indeed a big bug there.

The script does not re-enable or disable anything when it is restarted but it does get the current setting from the registry. This means there is a big inconsistancy between the two and you will end up needing to enable or disable it before it would work each time you start it (aka, each time you start Messenger).

You get that when you copy stuff and changing a few things without understanding it :p

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by Mizery_Made on 06-25-2009 at 07:33 PM

So... what does this do, and doesn't even work? Given all the discussion about stolen code, copied code, not understanding the code, bugs... not sure what the status of this script is in terms of working or not.

Secondly, again, what does it do? Does it disable the automatic "Photo Sharing" when you drag and drop an image into the window, instead sending it like a file, or...?

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by CookieRevised on 06-26-2009 at 11:31 PM

You can read what it does here:

quote:
quote:
but i prefer it if i could totally delete the photosharing instead of just for print screens...
iirc shouldn't this patching stop all the photosharing thing, instead of just print screens (which Patchou's registry does?)
quote:
quote:
No, I presume? <=click link to know what this specific patch address does

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by Scovery on 08-21-2009 at 07:47 PM

Photo Sharing disabler doesn't work in new WLM Build 14.0.8089.726

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by Schnappi on 08-22-2009 at 06:52 AM

when was the new build released? just?

RE: RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by Moh on 08-22-2009 at 11:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Schnappi
when was the new build released? just?
19th of August 2009.
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by Michel le Roi on 08-26-2009 at 01:26 PM

There is no way to disable the photo sharing in the new version of wlm? Its very important for me...

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by TheGuruSupremacy on 08-26-2009 at 05:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Michel le Roi
There is no way to disable the photo sharing in the new version of wlm? Its very important for me...

I have Modified/updated  the script by myself for  my own use but the script is not mine so i can't release a version working with latest build.However you can updated the script by yourself following my steps:

---Open Plus Preferences---->Scripts--->Select Photo Sharing Disabler And click Modify

---At Line 17 you will find that code :     Address = 0x56452F; // Origin: 0x16392F

---Modify in this way : Address= 0x564D18
RE: RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by Michel le Roi on 08-27-2009 at 11:50 PM

quote:
quote:

I have Modified/updated  the script by myself for  my own use but the script is not mine so i can't release a version working with latest build.However you can updated the script by yourself following my steps:

---Open Plus Preferences---->Scripts--->Select Photo Sharing Disabler And click Modify

---At Line 17 you will find that code :     Address = 0x56452F; // Origin: 0x16392F

I have updated the script, now I can activate it, but the photo sharing is not disabled when I received a photo, I can't solve this problem.

Thanks for reply
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by puding on 09-20-2009 at 05:12 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

I have updated the script, now I can activate it, but the photo sharing is not disabled when I received a photo, I can't solve this problem.

Thanks for reply
Yes i have this some problem. Who can help :( ?
RE: RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by RHAF on 09-20-2009 at 05:57 PM

quote:
quote:

thanks man, I updated the Script... again Thanks.
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by puding on 09-20-2009 at 11:29 PM

Yeah but is not working.

RE: RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by RHAF on 09-21-2009 at 06:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by puding
Yeah but is not working.

not working? jaja excusame man, but this working good! :)
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by hshah on 10-11-2009 at 10:25 PM

Doesn't work for me :(

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by maximino on 11-04-2009 at 03:55 PM

ok, now this script work but when I open messenger, the function works although I disabled it, then I try the enable-disabled function and only after that it is disabled...

Ther'is soluction?

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by CookieRevised on 11-04-2009 at 04:11 PM

Like I said 6 months ago, in this post, this script has a huge bug in it which makes that there is an inconsistancy between the current setting and what is shown in the menu.

This means that you must explicitly enable or disable the function each time you start Messenger.
and patch it if you want to make it compatible with the latest version of WLM, see TheGuruSupremacy's post

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised, on May 31st '09, here

There is a big bug there.

The script does not re-enable or disable anything when it is restarted but it does get the current setting from the registry.

This means there is a big inconsistancy between the two and you will end up needing to enable or disable it before it would work each time you start it (aka, each time you start Messenger).

;)
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by maximino on 11-07-2009 at 11:57 AM

But is not possible make a manually modify to script for solve the problem? thank for answare

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by CookieRevised on 11-07-2009 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by maximino
But is not possible make a manually modify to script for solve the problem? thank for answare
In order to fix the enable/disable problem a lot more things needs to be rewritten.

So, yes, of course it is possible, but because we are not the author of the script, we can not re-release it with the fixes.

However, since this script is full of copy/paste code from other scripts already, and it is apparently (correct me if I'm wrong) copy pasted without the proper knowledge of what all the stuff does, it could be possible that it will be re-released by somebody else if the author does not fix the stuff soon.
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by maximino on 11-09-2009 at 05:47 PM

I agree with you

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by maximino on 11-11-2009 at 05:49 PM

I can't believe it! Today I got the update script "Photo Sharing Disabler" but there's still the bug. :-(

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by TheGuruSupremacy on 11-12-2009 at 08:40 PM

I agree with CookieR,so here is my version of the script.Delete the other.

Thanks to CookieRevised For Function to write bytes in memory. ;)
Thanks to Tb to have helped me to get the script working on vista/7

How to Use:

-Enable from Plus Menu or by typing "/nophotosharing" in a convo.

I was thinking to add a feature to disable photo sharing also when someone tries to send you a photo.I think(i'm quite sure)i can this changing the client capabilities.More info when i have time to reverse.

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by CookieRevised on 11-12-2009 at 09:56 PM

quote:
I agree with CookieR,so here is my version of the script.Delete the other
I was actually counting on you to fix it :p

quote:
I was thinking to add a feature to disable photo sharing also when someone tries to send you a photo.I think(i'm quite sure)i can this changing the client capabilities.More info when i have time to reverse.
But make that optional though. Sometimes I do want photosharing be disabled, sometimes not... (Come to think of it, maybe it should remember the setting per contact :O).
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by Mnjul on 11-13-2009 at 10:41 AM

quote:
I thought about that too... but I think the only way is to tell WLM that the client doesn't use MSNC10 (or even C9); wouldn't that break many more functionalities aside from photo sharing (although I can't name one now)?
RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by CookieRevised on 11-13-2009 at 12:14 PM

It also might introduce a few bugs which are present in previous protocols (don't know if they exist though; just theory). I would favor the current patching route.

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by TheGuruSupremacy on 11-13-2009 at 07:01 PM

Eheh you all are right,project closed ;)

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by CookieRevised on 12-11-2009 at 06:39 AM

Although it might be possible if there is a flag for it in the "Client Capabilities" (don't know any recent/more up-to-date site). So that your client shows it can't receive pictures with Photo Sharing, but while retaining the client protocol otherwise. Dunno if that would be possible though.

RE: [Release] Photo Sharing Disabler by BrutalAl on 08-09-2010 at 03:21 PM

Is there any plans from anyone to make this script (or construct a new one with the same feature) compatible with WLM Build 14.0.8117.416?