Shoutbox

Chat window pops up despite minimising it. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Chat window pops up despite minimising it. (/showthread.php?tid=90731)

Chat window pops up despite minimising it. by lexamous on 05-21-2009 at 11:53 AM

Hi, to everyone out there who has experience this problem before and if you have the solution: My tabbed chat windows always pops up whenever I minimise a document or IE despite me having already minimised it.

Any kind souls who know how to find this?

RE: Chat window pops up despite minimising it. by djdannyp on 05-21-2009 at 12:16 PM

Unfortunately this is a known issue with tabbed chatting.  If all windows are minimised to the taskbar, the conversation window will maximise itself.

At the moment there is no solution, your only options are to disable tabbed chatting, or to live with it popping up if you minimise everything

RE: Chat window pops up despite minimising it. by lexamous on 05-21-2009 at 12:24 PM

Hmm, okay thanks. :D But this does not happen on my friend's laptop. (I'm using a laptop BTW.) Is there something to do with the brand or anything? (:

RE: Chat window pops up despite minimising it. by NanaFreak on 05-21-2009 at 12:37 PM

no, this happens on my PC too (custom built PC btw... just incase you were thinking of brands again)

its a limitation of the feature... and it would happen on your friends computer... just you dont know how to reproduce it correctly...

RE: Chat window pops up despite minimising it. by djdannyp on 05-21-2009 at 12:37 PM

No, it happens without exception.  They obviously have a something which counts as being maximised even when it might appear that it isn't.

Or maybe they don't use tabbed chats?

RE: Chat window pops up despite minimising it. by lexamous on 05-21-2009 at 12:50 PM

Okay, thanks a lot to both of you! You've been a great help! To think I redownloaded Plus! numerous times for nothing. Zzzz.

Thanks anyway Nanafreak and djdannyp! Appreciate it a million! :D