Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Group chat logs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Group chat logs (/showthread.php?tid=90742)

[Suggestion] Group chat logs by Vilkku on 05-21-2009 at 09:24 PM

A few requests

1) Possible to enable/disable group chat logs individually
2) Do something about the fact that if you change language, Plus! will create a new folder as the folder is named <Localized "group"> - <Group name>

Cheers

RE: [Suggestion] Group chat logs by riahc4 on 05-26-2009 at 03:54 PM

I think the group logs MIGHT be able to be done with a script...

BUT ON THE ORIGINAL TOPIC

I believe this is pointless as most people (80%-90%) do not have group convos on a regular basis

And the language can never be detected. Even office who has had the detect language feature for years, makes mistakes everytime.

RE: [Suggestion] Group chat logs by CookieRevised on 05-26-2009 at 04:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
1) Possible to enable/disable group chat logs individually
Maybe take this even further: enable/disable contacts log individually too. I would use it...

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
2) Do something about the fact that if you change language, Plus! will create a new folder as the folder is named <Localized "group"> - <Group name>
hmmm... maybe something (a regkey?) which disables the translation of everything which could influence the names of files/folders and keep it in English? Because also the date names (eg: months) 'suffer' from this when you change the language. I would use such an option too for sure as I very frequently switch languages.
RE: [Suggestion] Group chat logs by Vilkku on 05-28-2009 at 07:09 AM

I missed all the spam in my topic, I did a search to see where it came from, and I was surprised when I ended up here :P

Anyway, just for the record, Cookie got it right.

Another thing which this "international" reg key could do is to translate all outgoing messages into English (currently, the only message I found was the skin-line in (!VER)).