Shoutbox

Scripts Button Freeze - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Scripts Button Freeze (/showthread.php?tid=90755)

Scripts Button Freeze by Shadowajohn on 05-23-2009 at 12:39 PM

Recently i've noticed that after i press the scripts button my msn seems to freeze to a certain extent..
It still seems to work..due to my animated avatar still moving..but it freezes for like 5-10mins...then logs me out fixing the problem..then i log back in and the button works fine..

I'm guessing this is a script problem...

ATM i have, Colour Msg, Computer Details, fr34ki RPG, Screenshot Sender & Stat Center enabled..

I personally don't think the problem is due to the Stat Center or fr34ki RPG scripts...due to not having them till after this problem started.

Any idea what the problem is?

RE: Scripts Button Lagg by Spunky on 05-23-2009 at 12:54 PM

whats fr34ki RPG? It's the only script I've not heard of... Is it off the script database?

RE: RE: Scripts Button Lagg by Moh on 05-23-2009 at 12:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
whats fr34ki RPG? It's the only script I've not heard of... Is it off the script database?
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/433-fr34ki-RPG/
RE: Scripts Button Freeze by CookieRevised on 05-24-2009 at 12:45 AM

If you think it is one of the scripts then start by disabling _all_ your scripts and see if the problem is gone...

After that enable one at a time and check again...

Each time, sign out and restart Messenger...

RE: Scripts Button Freeze by Shadowajohn on 05-24-2009 at 12:15 PM

I think the problem was the "Computer Details" script...just finished removing stuff i don't need (processor info, GFX card etc.) gonna see if that works.

Edit: Removed a bit more from the script, Sound Card, Connections & Ppl Online and not it seems to work fine.