Shoutbox

[Release] Twit2MSN V1.2.2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Twit2MSN V1.2.2 (/showthread.php?tid=90785)

[Release] Twit2MSN V1.2.2 by WARlrus on 05-25-2009 at 10:01 PM

Hi all,

Wanted to draw your attention to the latest release of my Twitter/MSN mashup script - Twit2MSN

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/520-Twit2MSN

New in this version:
- Settings Menu
- Option to only follow specified hashtags
- Ignore all hashtags

Updated in this version:
- Better method of file downloading (fixes bug where MSN hangs whilst waiting)
- Uses new Twitter methods for @replies (appear anywhere in the text)
- Better way of storing data

Please let me know what you think here, or send me a Tweet @WARlrus

Coming soon:
- Tweet directly from a conversation window
- MSN -> Twitter syncing of messages
- Customise the appearance of your tweet
- Anything else you want - let me know!

RE: [Release] Twit2MSN V1.2.2 by warmth on 05-26-2009 at 12:04 AM

This wasn't an script that was making mynetx??? :O

RE: [Release] Twit2MSN V1.2.2 by Menthix on 05-26-2009 at 12:10 AM

mynetx makes Twitter2PSM.

At the base both have the same functionality, but they aren't rips. The first version of Twit2MSN was originally submitted about a week before mynetx submitted the first version of Twitter2PSM.

RE: [Release] Twit2MSN V1.2.2 by warmth on 05-26-2009 at 05:35 AM

Oh ok sorry about the confusion :P my bad!

RE: [Release] Twit2MSN V1.2.2 by P4R4D0x on 06-29-2009 at 01:54 PM

Feature Request: being able to add text around the status. For example, Ryan [status] blah blah blah.

RE: RE: [Release] Twit2MSN V1.2.2 by WARlrus on 07-12-2009 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by P4R4D0x
Feature Request: being able to add text around the status. For example, Ryan [status] blah blah blah.

Thanks for the suggestion - that will be available in 1.3, along with options to include the date you posted etc.

For instance, you can set your output to be "%m (posted on Twitter %tr from %s)" and the actual output to your PSM will be "Hello from Twitter! (posted on Twitter about an hour ago from TweetDeck)" or similar :-)

If you've got any other feature requests or similar, please visit http://code.google.com/p/twit2msn/ and post them there!
RE: [Release] Twit2MSN V1.2.2 by bramvandeperre on 07-14-2009 at 02:24 PM

@Menthix, however there were private betas earlier than this, I guess. I'm using twitter2psm for a very very long time now, lol

edit: 2009-03-13 was the initial twitter2PSM release. I was already using it before that (A), as a beta tester/bug reporter

RE: RE: [Release] Twit2MSN V1.2.2 by WARlrus on 07-14-2009 at 04:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bramvandeperre
@Menthix, however there were private betas earlier than this, I guess. I'm using twitter2psm for a very very long time now, lol

edit: 2009-03-13 was the initial twitter2PSM release. I was already using it before that (A), as a beta tester/bug reporter

There were also private betas of Twit2MSN much earlier than release - I'd made V1.0 and never released it to the public, just used it for myself and a group of private individuals for a while. V1.1 was the first one to be released publicly!!
RE: [Release] Twit2MSN V1.2.2 by Menthix on 07-14-2009 at 05:13 PM

It really doesn't matter which one was first. All I was trying to point out is that these scripts are not rips/copies of eachother.

RE: [Release] Twit2MSN V1.2.2 by riahc4 on 07-14-2009 at 05:54 PM

As a personal opinion/comment, I find Twitter one of the internet's most idiotic ideas.

But hey...congrads on the script.

RE: [Release] Twit2MSN V1.2.2 by WARlrus on 07-14-2009 at 09:15 PM

Sorry - just trying to fight my corner a bit ;-) You can imagine how frustrating it was for my script to be first to market, just to have a major competitor release their first iteration less than a week later!

Ah well - I'm hoping to make my script much more open to suggestion. Please do poke fun/suggestions/complaints at me - I'd love to know what you want from it!