Shoutbox

Windows live messenger too slow and reading more files - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows live messenger too slow and reading more files (/showthread.php?tid=90816)

Windows live messenger too slow and reading more files by wmharshana on 05-28-2009 at 06:28 AM

Im using windows live messenger Version 2009 (build 14.0.8064.206) , and it takes ages to login and then another ages to get the contact list online, and when its logged in my HARD DRIVE is always working

I have checked using FileMon, always reading welcomm.exe
Anyone knows how to solve this problem..?

RE: Windows live messenger too slow and reading more files by Vilkku on 05-28-2009 at 06:52 AM

Umm... do you have any clue what that file actually is? If it is some program you have installed, how about uninstalling it and see if it has any results.

I did a quick search on the file name and didn't really find anything, so I can't really help you with that. Someone with better luck/skills might be able to find something.

RE: RE: Windows live messenger too slow and reading more files by ryxdp on 05-28-2009 at 07:30 AM

It's probably wlcomm.exe, the Windows Live Communications Platform. You need this process to log in to Messenger :) the WLCP should not be causing these issues, however.

RE: Windows live messenger too slow and reading more files by wmharshana on 05-28-2009 at 09:34 AM

So , I have installed Live Mesh, but now I have stopped all services and exe s regarding Mesh. and re-installed Messnger, but nothing happen.