Shoutbox

Are you allowed to post edited scripts? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Are you allowed to post edited scripts? (/showthread.php?tid=90828)

Are you allowed to post edited scripts? by Shadowajohn on 05-29-2009 at 03:59 AM

Wondering this due to me nearly finished editing this last.fm script...just added a few extra options...total tracks and so on.
I was just wondering if you are allowed to post edited scripts?
Or do you need the originals creators permission?

RE: Are you allowed to post edited scripts? by NanaFreak on 05-29-2009 at 05:14 AM

no. not without written consent from the original author

RE: Are you allowed to post edited scripts? by James Potter on 05-29-2009 at 05:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shadowajohn
Wondering this due to me nearly finished editing this last.fm script...just added a few extra options...total tracks and so on.
You may edit the script for PERSONAL use only. However, if you plan on sharing or publishing it, you should contact the author on permission to publish it, or help him add the extra features himself. :)
RE: RE: Are you allowed to post edited scripts? by Shadowajohn on 05-29-2009 at 11:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by James Potter
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowajohn
You may edit the script for PERSONAL use only. However, if you plan on sharing or publishing it, you should contact the author on permission to publish it, or help him add the extra features himself. :)

Yeh, i thought this...nowhere near finished...it was more for personal use anyway...thanks anyway.