Shoutbox

virus makes it so I keep sending spam to my friends. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: virus makes it so I keep sending spam to my friends. (/showthread.php?tid=90832)

virus makes it so I keep sending spam to my friends. by zabrak on 05-29-2009 at 10:01 AM

Anybody know how to stop this? :S

RE: virus makes it so I keep sending spam to my friends. by Vilkku on 05-29-2009 at 10:11 AM

Change your password.

RE: RE: virus makes it so I keep sending spam to my friends. by zabrak on 05-29-2009 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Change your password.

already did that
RE: virus makes it so I keep sending spam to my friends. by Jarrod on 05-29-2009 at 10:24 AM

remove the virus

RE: RE: virus makes it so I keep sending spam to my friends. by zabrak on 05-29-2009 at 10:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
remove the virus

what do people usually do in this situation

RE: virus makes it so I keep sending spam to my friends. by Jarrod on 05-29-2009 at 11:29 AM

www.avast.com
or
This
:P

RE: virus makes it so I keep sending spam to my friends. by High Speed Chaser on 05-29-2009 at 11:50 AM

High Speed Chaser's standard virus reply.

Here are some free anti-viruses that you can download (in no particular order).
Please note you should only have one resident anti-virus program

Or try either of these free online scanners

You can also try Anti-Malware programs like

Preventer Programs can also be useful

All are Free at time of post.

Remember the best virus defence is common sense and always check with your contact!

A combination of 2 programs from the third list and 1 from the top list should be sufficient to remove the virus and protect the computer in the future.

Try running in safe mode and make sure system restore is disabled before running a scan.
RE: virus makes it so I keep sending spam to my friends. by Sunshine on 05-29-2009 at 01:52 PM

What to do when you received SPIM or are sending out SPIM