Shoutbox

HTC Touch Diamond - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: HTC Touch Diamond (/showthread.php?tid=90895)

HTC Touch Diamond by matty on 06-01-2009 at 02:24 PM

Has anyone flashed the HTC Touch Diamond with a ROM from XDA (preferably one with WM6.5) and reflashed back to the stock HTC firmware?

I have done a lot of reading in regards to this but having a bit of trouble understanding the downgrade process.

Cheers.

RE: HTC Touch Diamond by Th3rmal on 06-01-2009 at 08:53 PM

I own a WM phone as well (Samsung Omnia running custom WM6.5 rom) and I can tell you, the only reason you would want to flash back to original HTC firmware would be if you wanted to send the phone in for a repair. Custom ROMs are much better in terms of speed, efficiency and value.

As long as I know, the downgrade process should be the same (it is for my phone anyway). However this might not be the case for your phone.

RE: HTC Touch Diamond by foaly on 06-01-2009 at 10:11 PM

Flashed my Xperia, and won't flash back to the stock version unless I really have to... But the process should be the same as flashing to a custom rom...

RE: HTC Touch Diamond by albert on 06-01-2009 at 11:23 PM

I never flashed the HTC Diamond, but I did flash my HTC Touch, steps are the same to upgrade or downgrade.

RE: HTC Touch Diamond by matty on 06-02-2009 at 01:49 AM

I found a guide at modmydiamond.info going through that.

RE: HTC Touch Diamond by Reaper on 06-04-2009 at 08:45 PM

I've flashed my Diamond twice, did one today in fact. I was using Dutty's ROM v4. Was very fast and I recommend it. I am currently trying out EnergyRom v3 for a change. Seems ok, might be a bit bloated. The process is pretty easy. Run the utility and follow the instructions. Will be happy to talk you through it.