Shoutbox

WLM Safe5.00 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: WLM Safe5.00 (/showthread.php?tid=90920)

WLM Safe5.00 by Skywolfe on 06-04-2009 at 01:46 AM

Antivir detected it as HEUR/HTML.Malware

RE: WLM Safe5.00 by prashker on 06-04-2009 at 02:42 AM

This is a thread about 4.0, but the content is the same.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=89079

Basically, it's detecting something that will do no harm to you :p

As you can see in that thread,

AntiVir     7.9.0.168     2009.05.25     HEUR/HTML.Malware

AntiVir also detected it back then.

Nothing to worry about, Antirvir just fails :p

RE: WLM Safe5.00 by Skywolfe on 06-04-2009 at 02:46 AM

lol yeah thats what I was wondering. never heard of that particular malware.and nothing that I have on my pc is detecting it....I have had the script in my messenger off and on. the only problem I have come across with it is when you click on a contact to open up a conversation window the window is very slow to load up and you can't see the selections that it has for you to uninstall it from the scripts express menu :s other than that it seems to work alright... I am curious though as to what that type of malware is as no one really has a lot of information on it.

RE: WLM Safe5.00 by Menthix on 06-04-2009 at 10:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Skywolfe
I am curious though as to what that type of malware is as no one really has a lot of information on it
It's what they call a false positive. AntiVir is detecting something that looks like "HTML.Malware". But WLM Safe 5 doesn't actually contain any of this malware. It's a common problem with virus scanners using heuristics.
RE: WLM Safe5.00 by Skywolfe on 06-04-2009 at 02:30 PM

true.. but its better to have that kind of scanner that goes in depth of things than to have one that hardly does anything at all.

RE: WLM Safe5.00 by wincy on 06-08-2009 at 12:52 PM

Hey Skywolfe!
I'm the author of WLM Safe.
I can ensure you that my script is safe, it does not contain any sort of malware. As MenthiX said it is a false positive, even if i still don't know exactly what part of the code is causing it!
Thanks for using it! For other comments/suggestions write me.