Shoutbox

Slow And Lag While Typing After A While Of Chating - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Slow And Lag While Typing After A While Of Chating (/showthread.php?tid=90939)

Slow And Lag While Typing After A While Of Chating by K a R e E m on 06-05-2009 at 12:37 PM

hi...
i use WLM 2009 and i'm having a problem with chat
when i type much , like 30 min chatting ..
it start going slower while i'm typing and taking a while till the text show up
and to fix this problem i have to close the window and open it again ..
but i need another way to fix it completly
what's making it that slow?:^)

RE: Slow And Lag While Typing After A While Of Chating by Mike on 06-05-2009 at 02:01 PM

What font does your contact use? What about your font?

RE: RE: Slow And Lag While Typing After A While Of Chating by K a R e E m on 06-05-2009 at 02:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Me , Microsoft Sans Serif with custom color and bold
My Contact , Comic Sans MS Black

so?
RE: Slow And Lag While Typing After A While Of Chating by vaccination on 06-05-2009 at 03:34 PM

Do you have any scripts installed, if so, which?

RE: RE: Slow And Lag While Typing After A While Of Chating by K a R e E m on 06-05-2009 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Do you have any scripts installed, if so, which?
no , just a skin
and that problem happens even before i install the skin

but no scripts at all ...
RE: Slow And Lag While Typing After A While Of Chating by matty on 06-05-2009 at 04:08 PM

Uninstall Messenger Plus! and Windows Live Messenger. Reinstall the latest Windows Live Messenger ONLY. Test it out. If its happening still its an issue with WLM. If not install Messenger Plus! without any skins/scripts. If its happening now then you may have conflicting personalization settings or you may need to email Patchou. If its not happening install the skin and test it...

It is a long drawn out process but its simply process of elimination.

RE: RE: Slow And Lag While Typing After A While Of Chating by K a R e E m on 06-06-2009 at 01:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Uninstall Messenger Plus! and Windows Live Messenger. Reinstall the latest Windows Live Messenger ONLY. Test it out. If its happening still its an issue with WLM. If not install Messenger Plus! without any skins/scripts. If its happening now then you may have conflicting personalization settings or you may need to email Patchou. If its not happening install the skin and test it...

It is a long drawn out process but its simply process of elimination.
i've just finished all those steps now

uninstalled both messenger and Plus , reinstalled messenger and kept using it with no messanger plus and it happened again

installed messenger plus and it's still happening

maybe it's a problem in my PC ...

thx for helping guys ;) , if it won't be fixed i'll just install an older version *-)
RE: Slow And Lag While Typing After A While Of Chating by Mike on 06-06-2009 at 06:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by K a R e E m
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Me , Microsoft Sans Serif with custom color and bold
My Contact , Comic Sans MS Black

so?
I've had the same problem and it happened only with a specific contact. It turned out to be because of his font. However, the fonts you (plural) are using don't seem to be any "weird" fonts.