Shoutbox

i need help ..... plz - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: i need help ..... plz (/showthread.php?tid=91018)

i need help ..... plz by maia jo on 06-11-2009 at 09:25 AM

is there away to recovering my chat log after
format???
coz i realy need those conversations sooo much

if any one can help me plz reply....

:(

RE: i need help ..... plz by Sunshine on 06-11-2009 at 09:33 AM

I'm sorry but no. If you format your disk everything on it is gone, including your logs. Unless you stored them elsewhere yourself there is no way to get them back.

RE: RE: i need help ..... plz by maia jo on 06-11-2009 at 10:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
I'm sorry but no. If you format your disk everything on it is gone, including your logs. Unless you stored them elsewhere yourself there is no way to get them back.

so there no program can i use....
or anything????
RE: i need help ..... plz by Sunshine on 06-11-2009 at 10:47 AM

Nope, the logs are only stored on your harddisk unless you back them up online or on another external harddisk. A format is very definitive, wipes all. Even tho some say that there are still traces of what was on it after you format, retrieving it is very difficult (if possible at all with tools available to the regular computer user) and if after your format you reinstalled on it again you can forget about it completely (any trace left is already overwritten now).

I'm sorry, but you'll have to accept that they are gone. Look at it as a lesson for next time, as harsh as it may sound: back up anything that is important to you frequently either online or on an external disk so it won't be lost in case of a reformat.

RE: i need help ..... plz by maia jo on 06-11-2009 at 10:56 AM

well thnx anyway
my sister told me the same...that  we leron in the hard way
and that is my lesson
:)

RE: i need help ..... plz by Sunshine on 06-11-2009 at 10:59 AM

You're welcome :)

Yea, a lot of things are learned the hard way. I too have lost data over failing hdd before.