Shoutbox

Very first skin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Very first skin (/showthread.php?tid=91110)

Very first skin by Jeeeee on 06-18-2009 at 06:47 PM

Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to say hi to everyone and thank you for the help you give. It's greatly appreciated.

It's my first skin and would like the feasibility of one of my concerns. What I would like to know is can you modify the Available, Favorites, Mobile line. By that I mean the Font used, the color and the position of the little arrow that shows when it's expanded.

Thank you again for the help!

RE: Very first skin by blessedguy on 06-18-2009 at 07:04 PM

Yes, you are allowed to do anything you'd like =)
The problem is we still don't know how to make somethings, others we consider impossible.
About changing the font, its well explained in the docs, read it carefully and you'll see how easy it is.

RE: Very first skin by Jeeeee on 06-18-2009 at 07:06 PM

Yeah the font is pretty simple, but my real question was about the little arrow.. I wanted to know how to move it from the left side of the category to the right!

RE: Very first skin by blessedguy on 06-18-2009 at 07:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jeeeee
Yeah the font is pretty simple, but my real question was about the little arrow.. I wanted to know how to move it from the left side of the category to the right!
I'd say that is in the "We still don't know how to make it" category.
RE: Very first skin by Jeeeee on 06-18-2009 at 07:27 PM

lol, ok thank you!

Pretty much sums up my post!

RE: Very first skin by robert_dll on 06-18-2009 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
I'd say that is in the "We still don't know how to make it" category.
Do you mean this?

[Image: 262pa36.jpg]

RE: Very first skin by Jeeeee on 06-18-2009 at 10:55 PM

Yes exactly!

RE: Very first skin by robert_dll on 06-18-2009 at 11:10 PM

You just have to move a line in the file msgres_def_1002. Here's an example:

Look for

code:
<MsgrGroupElement ResID=GroupTemplate Sheet=0 ID=atom(GroupTemplate) Layout=FillLayout() Active=0 Padding=Rect(2,2,2,0) Accessible=false>
<Element Class="BuddyListItem" Padding=Rect(0,2,0,2) Layout=BorderLayout() Active=3 AccName=bind(property:"Contacts::#WL_DisplayName") AccRole=64 AddBehavior=UXContacts::PIP([StringNull],atom(PIPTarget)) ID=atom(group) LayoutPos=client ContentIndex=bind(property:"Contacts::Collapsed")>
<Element id=atom(PIPTarget) Layout=BorderLayout() LayoutPos=client Tag=0 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
<Element Class="ExpandCollapseIcon" Active=5 ContentIndex=bind(property:"Contacts::Collapsed") AddBehavior=Msgr::HideGlyph() AddBehavior=DUI::Fade() LayoutPos=left/>
<Element Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0) LayoutPos=left/>
<EmoText RichEditStyle=0x1000|0x400000 id=atom(BuddyListName) Class="BlueText" Content=bind(property:"Contacts::#WL_DisplayName") URLDetect=false Accessible=true Active=0 Tag=0 LayoutPos=left MaxTextLength=60/>
<Element id=atom(BuddyListStatus) Class="BlueText" Content=bind(property:"Contacts::Annotation") Margin=Rect(2,0,0,0) AddBehavior=DUI::Fade() AddBehavior=DUI::ShowHide() Tag=0 LayoutPos=left AddBehavior=DUI::ShowHide()/>
</Element>
</Element>
</MsgrGroupElement>

and change it to
code:
<MsgrGroupElement ResID=GroupTemplate Sheet=0 ID=atom(GroupTemplate) Layout=FillLayout() Active=0 Padding=Rect(2,2,2,0) Accessible=false>
<Element Class="BuddyListItem" Padding=Rect(0,2,0,2) Layout=BorderLayout() Active=3 AccName=bind(property:"Contacts::#WL_DisplayName") AccRole=64 AddBehavior=UXContacts::PIP([StringNull],atom(PIPTarget)) ID=atom(group) LayoutPos=client ContentIndex=bind(property:"Contacts::Collapsed")>
<Element id=atom(PIPTarget) Layout=BorderLayout() LayoutPos=client Tag=0 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
<Element Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0) LayoutPos=left/>
<EmoText RichEditStyle=0x1000|0x400000 id=atom(BuddyListName) Class="BlueText" Content=bind(property:"Contacts::#WL_DisplayName") URLDetect=false Accessible=true Active=0 Tag=0 LayoutPos=left MaxTextLength=60/>
<Element id=atom(BuddyListStatus) Class="BlueText" Content=bind(property:"Contacts::Annotation") Margin=Rect(2,0,0,0) AddBehavior=DUI::Fade() AddBehavior=DUI::ShowHide() Tag=0 LayoutPos=left AddBehavior=DUI::ShowHide()/>
<Element Class="ExpandCollapseIcon" Active=5 ContentIndex=bind(property:"Contacts::Collapsed") AddBehavior=Msgr::HideGlyph() AddBehavior=DUI::Fade() LayoutPos=left/>
</Element>
</Element>
</MsgrGroupElement>

I moved the line with the "ExpandCollapseIcon" text. Make this with all the groups to get what you want ;)
RE: Very first skin by Jeeeee on 06-19-2009 at 03:05 PM

Thank you for your help robert. After what you showed me I tried a couple of things and one thing i tried was changing the LayoutPos=left to right and it does what I'm looking for !!

Thank you again!