Shoutbox

Lock Messenger don't work on Windows 7 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Lock Messenger don't work on Windows 7 (/showthread.php?tid=91117)

Lock Messenger don't work on Windows 7 by bycabral on 06-19-2009 at 04:19 PM

Windows Live Messenger: 14.0.8064.206
Plus!: 4.81.0.358
SO: Windows 7 RC1 Compilation 7100
-----------------------------------------------------------

Under Windows 7 the "Lock Messenger" don't work, I've tried to change the short cut, but it don't works.

RE: Lock Messenger don't work on Windows 7 by Mnjul on 06-19-2009 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
You'll need to wait for a Win7-compatible Plus! to be released or, for now, set the compatibility of Messenger to Vista and it'll be working.
quote:
Originally posted by tony
Something like this, but in WLM properties:

[Image: VistaCompatibility.jpg]

RE: Lock Messenger don't work on Windows 7 by Patchou on 06-23-2009 at 04:29 PM

Please don't recommend to people to change their compatiblity settings... you're making my life and Microsoft's life must harder as a result ;).

The Messenger Lock feature will be working in Windows 7 in the next update, to be released in about a week from now (this time, for real).

RE: Lock Messenger don't work on Windows 7 by Brandrune on 07-10-2009 at 06:26 PM

May I ask why compatibility settings make life harder?

RE: Lock Messenger don't work on Windows 7 by blessedguy on 07-10-2009 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Brandrune
Because they wouldn't then know if the fix they've made to their software worked =) Or I got it wrong and Patchou or anyone will comeup with another answear.
RE: Lock Messenger don't work on Windows 7 by ShawnZ on 07-10-2009 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
Originally posted by Brandrune
Because they wouldn't then know if the fix they've made to their software worked =) Or I got I wrong and Patchou or anyone will comeup with another answear.

because it just makes the program think you're using another version of windows while not actually changing anything else, which just creates more problems and causes more people to come on the forums and make threads about how stuff isn't working (i guess) :p