Shoutbox

ListView resizing specific columns - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: ListView resizing specific columns (/showthread.php?tid=91130)

ListView resizing specific columns by mathieumg on 06-20-2009 at 11:12 PM

I have searched the forums and haven't found anything about this.

I have a listview with an <Anchor Horizontal="LeftRightFixed" Vertical="TopBottomFixed" /> so it resizes with the window. The columns width on my list are set based on percentage, so when the window is resized, the columns are all resized proportionally as one would expect. However, I was wondering if it is possible for some predefined columns to keep a fixed width (like their initial width) and some others resize when the window is resized?

The WidthFormat property is a property of Columns and not Column, otherwise it might have been possible to set a fixed width for some columns and a relative width for the others and set it so the fixed width columns never resize upon window resize.

So, is there a way to do it or should this be suggested as a new feature?

Thank you!

RE: ListView resizing specific columns by matty on 06-21-2009 at 02:03 PM

This was something we have bugged Patchou about when the very first beta was introduced that included scripting.

Currently its not possible to do. Patchou has set it up so that if the user resizes the columns than the window it overrides the column sizes.

RE: ListView resizing specific columns by mathieumg on 06-21-2009 at 04:22 PM

Ah, ok :(

I guess I will have to stick to the limitations for now :P Thank you for the info.

* mathieumg off to bug Patchou too.