Shoutbox

Adding a previously blocked/deleted contact - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Adding a previously blocked/deleted contact (/showthread.php?tid=91162)

Adding a previously blocked/deleted contact by alegator on 06-23-2009 at 04:03 AM

I have this contact which I blocked and deleted about 1 year ago. Plus! is reporting that that contact still has me in his WLM contact list. Two questions:
1) If I unblock that contact, will that contact see me online and be able to chat with me even though he's not in my contact list?
2) If in addition to unblocking I also add that contact again to my contact list, will that contact receive a notification that I added him back? (I would assume not, since he still has me in his list, but I want to be sure)
Thanks.

RE: Adding a previously blocked/deleted contact by MicroWay on 06-23-2009 at 04:08 AM

1) Yes.... if the contact have you, when you unblock him, he'll see you online

2) No... WLM only send the notification for new contacts.... Also, your contact would recieve a new notification if you've been removed from his list (on Options)... But as you're still on the contact list, no message will appear

;)

RE: Adding a previously blocked/deleted contact by alegator on 06-23-2009 at 05:54 AM

Thanks MicroWay. Finally, is Plus! "Contact List Clean-Up..." tool 100% accurate in reporting whether a contact still has me in his list? i.e. could it be the case that Plus! reports that a contact still has me in his list when actually he deleted me? Thanks again.

RE: Adding a previously blocked/deleted contact by Rolando on 06-23-2009 at 06:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alegator
Thanks MicroWay. Finally, is Plus! "Contact List Clean-Up..." tool 100% accurate in reporting whether a contact still has me in his list? i.e. could it be the case that Plus! reports that a contact still has me in his list when actually he deleted me? Thanks again.

It is 100% accurate. It gets the information from the privacy window in WLM that lists who has you in their list (through options).