Shoutbox

[Release] G.I. Joe - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Release] G.I. Joe (/showthread.php?tid=91195)

[Release] G.I. Joe by Willz on 06-25-2009 at 02:02 PM

Well this is just a quick post to announce the release of another skin. It may not be something major like Zero-G, but I think it is something that will keep some people happy nonetheless. It's based around the upcoming G.I. Joe movie which looks to be ok.

There isn't really much to say here, it contains the usual series of options you have been used to. Also scenes have been disabled due to the fact that scenes really mess with the design and just look fully out of place.

Now for some screenshots:

[Image: GI-CL.png]

[Image: GI-CW.png]

DOWNLOAD

Yeah that is about it. :P

RE: [Release] G.I. Joe by NanaFreak on 06-25-2009 at 02:09 PM

quite nice willz... as always 8-)

RE: [Release] G.I. Joe by foaly on 06-25-2009 at 03:31 PM

Nice skin!
I'm afraid the film isn't gonna be that good though :)

RE: [Release] G.I. Joe by Patchou on 06-25-2009 at 10:45 PM

woohoo!

RE: [Release] G.I. Joe by CookieRevised on 06-26-2009 at 11:03 PM

The skin itself is extremely nice done... (y)

but.... but... but....

I am HUGELY dissapointed in the look and feel and the tie-in with the (toy) brand name GIJOE. (n)

This skin doesn't look and feel at all "GIJOE"-ish (old school). Everything is wrong.

More to the point, the upcomming movie is extremely discussed in GIJOE-fanclubs and isn't seen as something very good as it is too modern and kills all the good childhood memories....

As an old GIJOE-collector myself (yes, I have a collection of vintage figures and vehicles (mostly of the first series from the 80's)) and extremely big childhood fan of GIJOE, I hope you can understand that I don't like this skin at all (the tie-in with the name GIJOE that is)...

So from a GIJOE-fan point of view from the 80's, a real blasphemy which doesn't look and feel old school GIJOE-ish in the slightest way. (n)

On a sites like smalljoes.com you can have an idea of the look and feel I was expecting (I mean the boxes of the toys and the covers of the comics, not the site and the -ugly- background itself) when I got the notice of this new skin.

From a pure graphical standpoint, extremely well done (as usual) and it does look and feel like the new GIJOE movie stuff; which was of course the purpose of the skin (y)...

PS: isn't there a star missing in the (new) GIJOE logo of "Rise of Cobra"?:
http://smalljoes.com/images_gen/GIROC-PREV3PK-00002-00098_large.jpg