Shoutbox

Couple Questions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Couple Questions (/showthread.php?tid=91196)

Couple Questions by Eddie on 06-25-2009 at 02:41 PM

I'm doing a Project for University and i need a suggestion from you guys...here is the questions...

The "customer" we are making a quote for a "company", they are a small business, they need one new computer for simple tasks and another for centralized storage for documents, user files, there are numerous other computers in the office already. On the centralized storage system would you run a Windows Server or a standard system, also the cheapest possible place because i have to keep the price down..

Hey guys i have another question for you,
Is it possible to upgrade from Red Hat Linux 8.0 to Windows XP Professional, if it is could you please give me a link describing it step-by-step, i can't find it anywhere on the web and my project is asking me to detail it.

RE: Couple Questions by tony on 06-25-2009 at 03:10 PM

Open source is the way to go

RE: Couple Questions by Eddie on 06-25-2009 at 03:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tony
Open source is the way to go
Any system suggestions in terms of open-source, as long as it works with a Windows XP Pro system, because im not sure how you would work it.
RE: Couple Questions by RaceProUK on 06-25-2009 at 06:03 PM

Ubuntu Server Edition's probably a good bet.

RE: Couple Questions by Eddie on 06-25-2009 at 06:55 PM

Thanks for the help folks :) Appreciate it.

Hey guys i have another question for you,
Is it possible to upgrade from Red Hat Linux 8.0 to Windows XP Professional, if it is could you please give me a link describing it step-by-step, i can't find it anywhere on the web and my project is asking me to detail it.
RE: Couple Questions by Vilkku on 06-26-2009 at 06:55 AM

Uh, afaik you can't "upgrade" any Linux to any Windows version, they use different file systems for one...

Pop in the XP disc, at setup format the RH drive and install XP.