Shoutbox

Messenger Plus causing crashes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus causing crashes (/showthread.php?tid=91298)

Messenger Plus causing crashes by MobCat on 07-02-2009 at 12:55 AM

The new update to messenger plus is causing Windows Live Messenger to crash the moment or no later than a minute after I sign-in.  This also makes it so that no matter what version I install before the new update, they also cause it to crash.  It is not related to spyware or firewalls as I have uninstalled Plus and now Messenger works fine no matter what spyware or firewalls are active.

Any help D:?

RE: Messenger Plus causing crashes by Patchou on 07-02-2009 at 02:19 AM

Please try to run the maintenance wizard through the uninstaller of Messenger Plus! to delete your scripts, skins and reset your preferences. Let us know then.

RE: Messenger Plus causing crashes by MobCat on 07-02-2009 at 06:05 PM

I have already run the wizard multiple times and this still happens no matter how many times I delete my scripts and reset my preferences using the repair tool.  Thanks for the response so quickly by the way.

RE: Messenger Plus causing crashes by Patchou on 07-02-2009 at 09:50 PM

Ok, thank you for confirming this. Please send me an email to mplus-support@patchou.com and we'll work on that problem together.

RE: Messenger Plus causing crashes by dfk on 07-03-2009 at 02:11 PM

having same problem here as well, tried reinstalling both WLM and Plus!.

RE: Messenger Plus causing crashes by VInZa on 07-09-2009 at 05:44 PM

I also had the same problem as theese guys after reinstalling windows and format comp, so I uninstalled messenger + and reinstalled it again today, now it works. But only as long as I dont klick: "activate tabs in conversation windows" as soon as I do that and try to open a new conversation messenger crashes, with no error and no nothing. It just shuts down. Really happy for an answer :)

RE: Messenger Plus causing crashes by Patchou on 07-11-2009 at 06:28 PM

both of you: what version of Windows are you using? please email me at mplus-support@patchou.com , we got to fix this problem asap.

RE: Messenger Plus causing crashes by jpdvdc on 07-16-2009 at 06:33 AM

help! T_T after i sign in windows live messenger... it crashes.. help!! im using windows xp pack2 need help on this asap! thankies

RE: Messenger Plus causing crashes by juancsoriano on 08-02-2009 at 02:09 AM

That happend to me also.I had to uninstall messenger plus! and have no problem.I´m using windows xp profesional service pack 3.Windows live messenger version 2009 (compilation 14.0.8064.206) spanish version.I hope you can fix it.

thanks

RE: Messenger Plus causing crashes by corbeniku on 08-05-2009 at 01:25 AM

I made a clean install a few days ago, and when i installed Messenger Plus it began to crash after a few minutes. After following some clean up suggested proceedures;nothing seemed to work.

i decided to uninstall it temporarily till someone could fix it :( After that everything went back to normal. no more crashes.

Im using WLM 14.0.8064.206 (English)
Windows XP Home SP3 Spanish Version.

RE: Messenger Plus causing crashes by vietphoz on 08-12-2009 at 04:44 PM

same problem :( can you e-mail me instructions to fix it?
windows professional
SP2

RE: Messenger Plus causing crashes by Patchou on 08-14-2009 at 05:42 PM

if you get a crash, can you email me at mplus-support@patchou.com with all the information possible about the problem you're eperiencing? we'll work on that together and fix this problem.

RE: Messenger Plus causing crashes by rampage118 on 09-10-2009 at 01:23 AM

im having the same probleme. a day after i got Messenger Plus, everytime i try to sign in, it automacially sign me out.  i tryed reinstalling it but that didnt work.  the only msn that works without signing me out is the first msn, the oldest one.  i also scanned me computer incase i had any viruses and it found none.