Shoutbox

Suggestion - Emotes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion - Emotes (/showthread.php?tid=91302)

Suggestion - Emotes by Demorian on 07-02-2009 at 12:49 PM

Hi, long time user first time requester :D
Something that's really annoying on a couple of contacts is a spam of emotes, really makes deciphering what they say hard.
I was hoping for a feature that could do all or some of the following:

1/ type '/edis' or another command at the start of a message and all emotes in the following message will be disabled and not sent to the reciever

2/a way to turn off emotes on certain users, so you don't get them. Like an emote block button. (not on everyone as I believe this feature currently exists already)

Thanks for reading this, and great work, can't chat without msgPlus!

RE: Suggestion - Emotes by Spunky on 07-02-2009 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Demorian
1/ type '/edis' or another command at the start of a message and all emotes in the following message will be disabled and not sent to the reciever

use /noicon to remove emoticons when they are sent.

2/a way to turn off emotes on certain users, so you don't get them. Like an emote block button. (not on everyone as I believe this feature currently exists already)

If this is a Plus! script, point me to it, and I may be able to edit it to suite your needs
RE: Suggestion - Emotes by Mnjul on 07-02-2009 at 03:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
Originally posted by Demorian

use /noicon to remove emoticons when they are sent.

I think Demonian is talking about "after the /edis command is typed by User A, then any messages sent after the command is executed do not have their emoticons shown (to User A or User B).

As /noicon is pretty of no help since if you can tell your contact to use /noicon, you can pretty much tell them to stop using emoticons.