Shoutbox

Question for the beginning Plus! Scripters - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Question for the beginning Plus! Scripters (/showthread.php?tid=91319)

Question for the beginning Plus! Scripters by matty on 07-03-2009 at 02:33 PM

How much would you like to have a document or a website that shows you exactly how to use each feature.

I know there is a scripting doc that says these are the accepted parameters etc but there isn't a lot of examples.

RE: Question for the beginning Plus! Scripters by NanaFreak on 07-03-2009 at 02:40 PM

i know when i started to code it was very hard... yes i was teaching myself to code as well but yea..

i would be very good to have a dedicated site with examples... i think this is what mpscripts.net should have on it... i find i learn a lot better from examples than just a stated function and its paramerters and return value...

+1 from me!

RE: Question for the beginning Plus! Scripters by Menthix on 07-03-2009 at 03:31 PM

Not a scripter myself, but from maintaining the DownDB I'd say more helpful resources are always welcome.

The new download database (currently in development) will also have a section for tutorials and FAQs. People could post color-highlighted code and tutorials, including attachments and screenshots. Other users can comment and rate them.

RE: Question for the beginning Plus! Scripters by Spunky on 07-03-2009 at 05:17 PM

Matty, I'll talk to you on WLM later

RE: Question for the beginning Plus! Scripters by robert_dll on 07-03-2009 at 05:56 PM

I would like to

RE: Question for the beginning Plus! Scripters by Matti on 07-05-2009 at 06:07 PM

I'd love to help in this project! We really need a scripting resource center! :D

I can contribute some code examples myself, but I can also help in building the website with my PHP and XHTML/CSS knowledge. Only drawback at the moment: I won't be able to help until this August.