Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything (/showthread.php?tid=91348)

[Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything by riahc4 on 07-05-2009 at 11:33 PM

Hey

I was wonder if it is possible to make a script that imports/exports everything. Custom emoticons, DPs, Plus! settings, scripts and scripts settings, Messenger settings, etc etc.

RE: [Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything by CookieRevised on 07-05-2009 at 11:51 PM

yes there are such scripts/programs... search....

RE: [Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything by riahc4 on 07-08-2009 at 01:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
yes there are such scripts/programs... search....
Not exactly sure what to search for...."Export"?

Im not sure if I made the suggestion to have a subform for completed scripts or not....

A search for export brings

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/basicsearch.php?do=se...port&fid=39&page=8

POssible solutions:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=64098&page=9  (Isnt in DB and hasnt been updated to everything im looking for)
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=52003&page=3 (old)

As you see there are no 100% working scripts. And programs?
RE: [Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything by davidpolitis on 07-08-2009 at 11:33 AM

Exporting stuff is easy to do manually anyway and plus! can now backup script settings if they're where they should be in the registry. :)

RE: RE: [Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything by riahc4 on 07-14-2009 at 01:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by davidpolitis
Exporting stuff is easy to do manually anyway and plus! can now backup script settings if they're where they should be in the registry. :)
You need several tools to do EVERYTHING.

If it is so easy, then please indicate the steps. As you see, Ive searched, given results, and Cookie has yet to respond.
RE: [Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything by riahc4 on 07-14-2009 at 10:18 PM

Noone uses at least 2 PCs (desktop and laptop)?

I find that difficult to believe. And so does Microsoft having their "Sign onto more than one location" feature....

RE: [Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything by NanaFreak on 07-15-2009 at 05:37 AM

btw, if you looked at the changelog of plus, you would see that this feature is not in plus 8-)

RE: [Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything by riahc4 on 07-15-2009 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
btw, if you looked at the changelog of plus, you would see that this feature is not in plus 8-)
I only see a option that exports Plus! settings. Nothing else.
RE: [Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything by SuNcO on 08-11-2009 at 04:24 AM

Uhm.. i want to do that. On the scripts section a search for "export" and "backup" return nothing

> No results were found for "export". Please use the back button and try a different word.

> No results were found for "backup". Please use the back button and try a different word.

In past i try with various stuff but nothing works. I want simply press a backup button and then a restore

The copy/paste/rename thing is "good" but u need to rename according to gif/png (i mean, open one by one) and then add to your Messenger account one by one

RE: RE: [Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything by davidpolitis on 08-11-2009 at 08:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SuNcO
The copy/paste/rename thing is "good" but u need to rename according to gif/png (i mean, open one by one) and then add to your Messenger account one by one
You do not rename your emoticons and DPs. You simply put them back where they were before.
RE: [Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything by SuNcO on 08-11-2009 at 02:53 PM

The copy/paste only do that.. what about adding it again to Messenger ?

Is like if every picture on that folder was added automatically :|

That is not a solution

RE: [Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything by riahc4 on 08-19-2009 at 03:43 PM

I formatted and I forgot the text font I choose

If this script would have been released it would not have happened but oh well...

RE: [Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything by Voldemort on 08-20-2009 at 04:20 AM

AFAIK, scripts can't get that info

....novato =D!

RE: [Suggestion] Script that exports/imports everything by riahc4 on 08-20-2009 at 06:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
AFAIK, scripts can't get that info

....novato =D!

Then like I said in the general section, make it a native Messenger Plus! Live feature; Export/Import all settings.

I have NO idea why that topic was closed so Ill just make a new one when I can.