Shoutbox

Chinese (?!) symbol in "What I'm listening" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Chinese (?!) symbol in "What I'm listening" (/showthread.php?tid=91357)

Chinese (?!) symbol in "What I'm listening" by blessedguy on 07-06-2009 at 04:25 PM

When

XML code:
<Element Class="PSMIcon" LayoutPos=left Margin=Rect(0,0,2,0) Content=rcimg("msgr",621) ContentAlign=topleft AddBehavior=DUI::Glow(rcint("msgr",9007),rcfloat("msgr",9008),rcclr("msgr",9009),rcclr("msgr",9010))/>

is used instead of
XML code:
<Element Class="PSMIcon" LayoutPos=left Margin=Rect(0,0,2,0) Content=rcimg("msgr",621) ContentAlign=topleft/>

(Line 106 of 1002 definition)

a strange symbol, I guess it's chinese, appears in the standart icon (in this specific line, it will be in the "without-pic" layout, and won't appear in the favorites section). Anybody knows why?
[Image: attachment.php?pid=968605]
RE: Chinese (?!) symbol in "What I'm listening" by Willz on 07-06-2009 at 10:02 PM

You can't apply the glow behavior to an element which has an image or a child that has an image. The glow behavior only works on text elements and so Messenger will get confused on what it is meant to display if it is used on anything else.

RE: Chinese (?!) symbol in "What I'm listening" by blessedguy on 07-06-2009 at 10:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
You can't apply the glow behavior to an element which has an image or a child that has an image.
I didn't know it, thanks =)
I thought it was strange not to work because it is working wonderfully with emoticons, but guess I'll replace that image with a glowed one (Y)
RE: Chinese (?!) symbol in "What I'm listening" by Willz on 07-07-2009 at 09:59 AM

yeah emoticons are a gray area. Simply because emoticons are represented by strings (rather than just an image) which Messenger then loads an appropriate image for to replace the string. I think that is why they work.