Shoutbox

The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest (/showthread.php?tid=91432)

The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Patchou on 07-11-2009 at 11:40 PM

Hi everybody,

finally, this year’s contest is ready and will open Sunday the 12th at 00:01 (GMT-5).

This summer, everybody can play. No need to script, skin or dance around your computer screen (you can still do that if you want though). If you played in the 6th Anniversary Contest 2 years ago, then this one will look very familiar to you. It’s not a game of skills, just pure luck and determination. All you need to play is the latest version of Messenger Plus! Live, download it if you didn’t do so already. Once installed, click on the golden icon  in your contact list and start clicking on the game grid! You can also access the contest by selecting the new “Play and Win!…” Plus! menu.

This year, it’s no less than 1,000 prize packages that will be offered during the contest, for a period of 4 weeks. Each package is randomly assigned a value between 20$ and 1,500$ and the best thing is: you chose what you want to receive! Winners will have a choice of movie, game or animated feature for which they want to receive one or more prizes, all thanks to the Evolution Store. Because this contest is so big, we needed somebody to sponsor it and this year, tons of action figures and high-end collectibles will be sent to the winners directly from the Evolution Store’s warehouse. You can start browsing their online store now and decide what you’ll want to receive when you find a prize in the game grid.

[Image: contestintro.png]
Each contestant is eligible to win up to 10 prize packages. To achieve this, you have two choices: don’t sleep, don’t eat, don’t bath for a month, or, and that’s really up to you, start sending your own unique referral link to your friends and contacts. Your contacts just need to download Messenger Plus! and start playing to win a prize of their own, If they win, the good news is that you win a prize of your choice as well. So, if your Facebook, your MySpace, or your Twitter account gets a lot of visits, or if you spend your days posting on numerous forums on the web, it may be time to leverage this to your advantage. You could very well win a lot of prizes without even clicking once in the game.

Good luck :-)
Patchou

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by blessedguy on 07-11-2009 at 11:54 PM

Wonderful! and was that video done by you?

Also, could you explain this a little better? =P

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Each contestant is eligible to win up to 10 prize packages. To achieve this, you have two choices: don’t sleep, don’t eat, don’t bath for a month, or, and that’s really up to you, start sending your own unique referral link to your friends and contacts. Your contacts just need to download Messenger Plus! and start playing to win a prize of their own, If they win, the good news is that you win a prize of your choice as well. So, if your Facebook, your MySpace, or your Twitter account gets a lot of visits, or if you spend your days posting on numerous forums on the web, it may be time to leverage this to your advantage. You could very well win a lot of prizes without even clicking once in the game.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Thor on 07-11-2009 at 11:56 PM

Can't wait to start clicking around after installing the ultimate extension for Mindows Live Messenger! :cheesy:

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Menthix on 07-12-2009 at 12:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Also, could you explain this a little better? =P

Referral links like these:
[Image: banner_468.gif]
[Image: banner_small.gif]

It will start to make sense when you click the contest icon after Sunday the 12th at 00:01 (GMT-5).
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by blessedguy on 07-12-2009 at 12:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
Referral links like these:
But how to get them?
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Menthix on 07-12-2009 at 12:20 AM

quote:
But how to get them?
Once they contest is active (little less than 4 hours):
* The referral link is automatically added to your PSM when you start playing (by hitting the golden Plus! logo).
* In the play window there will be a "Increase your chances" button, where you can post your referral link directly to facebook, or copy the banner code(s) in HTML/BBCode/Plain text.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Chrono on 07-12-2009 at 12:40 AM

i bet the most clicked part of the grid will be superman's "underwear" :P 

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by blessedguy on 07-12-2009 at 12:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
=O
Anyways, I always wanted to poke Bart. Hope his eyes are filled with money =P

* blessedguy pokes Bart.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Nagamasa on 07-12-2009 at 01:20 AM

quote:
Sunday the 12th at 00:01 (GMT-5)
But doesn't Patchou technically mean, Eastern Daylight Time? (which isn't GMT -5)
RE: RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Patchou on 07-12-2009 at 01:25 AM

quote:
yeah, you should see the click grid of my gf...

As for the video, yep, it's official, I'll post it in the news section soon.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Lou on 07-12-2009 at 01:35 AM

quote:
quote:
yeah, you should see the click grid of my gf...

As for the video, yep, it's official, I'll post it in the news section soon.
You better fix it first :P.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by NanaFreak on 07-12-2009 at 04:09 AM

woo started!

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Chrono on 07-12-2009 at 04:28 AM

are there really 2xx prizes? Or will they be available every X days? Thinking about the previous contest here...

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by NanaFreak on 07-12-2009 at 04:34 AM

quote:
are there really 2xx prizes? Or will they be available every X days? Thinking about the previous contest here...
im quite sure it will be like the last so that all timezones get equal chance...
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Chrono on 07-12-2009 at 04:38 AM

well, patchou said it was gonna be "no less than 1000" prizes, but the counter says 2xx, and im wondering how many of those 2xx are active now then :P

Rules dont seem clear to me :zippy:

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Frackounet on 07-12-2009 at 04:52 AM

1000 prices = 4weeks x 225 prices or something like that :)

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Eddie on 07-12-2009 at 05:47 AM

Hopefully i will win something this time around! Plus is it is mildly entertaining to, good luck everyone.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Voldemort on 07-12-2009 at 05:57 AM

CONTEST CHAT!        Join now!

For people that wanna chat about the contest, a chat channel has been set up in irc.msgplus.net, and it can be accessed here via webchat: http://www.msgpluslive.net/help/chat/ << thanks to mr. Trekie for setting it up! (enter a nickname, and select english, then click the chat about the contest button)

or, if you have an irc client, you can just click here:
irc://irc.msgplus.net/banana

see you there!

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Discrate on 07-12-2009 at 06:26 AM

Wow, this year you can only get stuff from that Evolution Store? i want computer monitors nao.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by namooth on 07-12-2009 at 06:35 AM

Is there anything on Evolution Store except from dolls?
(the Elephant in the room)

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Eddie on 07-12-2009 at 06:44 AM

So this means for the last few weeks that official testers have been sending out there referral links they have probably lined up a fair few possibilities of scoring prizes. 8-)

RE: RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Discrate on 07-12-2009 at 06:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
So this means for the last few weeks that official testers have been sending out there referral links they have probably lined up a fair few possibilities of scoring prizes. 8-)

Wouldn't put it past them.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by andrey on 07-12-2009 at 08:00 AM

contest grid doesn't load for me.. just showing a white window
btw.. is my reflink supposed to have a ` in it? www.msgplus.net/win/`ef0wio

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by ahmetgns on 07-12-2009 at 08:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
Mine has a ` too. np.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by luis-mml on 07-12-2009 at 09:16 AM

I think the past contest were much better about the prizes. People prefer to win a t shirt or a xbox than a figure. This year less people will play i think.

[Image: banner_468.gif]

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Eddie on 07-12-2009 at 09:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by luis-mml
I think the past contest were much better about the prizes. People prefer to win a t shirt or a xbox than a figure. This year less people will play i think.
Think i agree with you there, though it seems to be pretty popular so far, but i don't see much fascination with what i see to be the prizes, because i don't know you could get a 1500$ prize to do with toys.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by John Anderton on 07-12-2009 at 09:51 AM

I know I won't win but meh, I'll play anyway :)
Added support messages everywhere to bring more people in :)

If I win like a $1000 coupon, can I get a 360 elite with 2 games instead? :P

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Mine has a ` too. np.
A lot of them do. Mine doesn't :)
The important thing is that it works :)
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Jarrod on 07-12-2009 at 11:06 AM

pashy; my competition window is just white
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=91438

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by blessedguy on 07-12-2009 at 02:33 PM

About the video: has a new Messenger been invented? I didn't know about the Mindows Live Messenger. =)
[Image: attachment.php?pid=969557]

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by MicroWay on 07-12-2009 at 04:03 PM

:o) Started clicking!!!

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by AgentX on 07-12-2009 at 04:16 PM

Started the contest, won a prize on my second click!  Yay!  Wonder what I won...

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by prashker on 07-12-2009 at 06:32 PM

Good luck guys. You just had to start this when all I can do is dialup or phone :-(

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by warmth on 07-12-2009 at 07:08 PM

:( I never win nothing... is so hard for me to be lucky on this kinda things!

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Chrono on 07-12-2009 at 08:51 PM

One friend playing. rofl i cant believel the referral link actually worked :P

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Thor on 07-12-2009 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by simmie
Yes! I have won!
[Image: 820134661e9d28ce5ca56d3f8a5096b0.jpg]
I don't know what you've won, but it certainly ain't a Photoshop contest.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Locoguy87 on 07-12-2009 at 11:20 PM

im not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but i clicked on the play button, and it says im trying to access it outside its window and that my account has been put on a watch list :( all i did was click the button inside the wlm contact list, is there some sort of issue with me? or is it a little more widespread?

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Menthix on 07-13-2009 at 12:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Locoguy87
i clicked on the play button, and it says im trying to access it outside its window and that my account has been put on a watch list :( all i did was click the button inside the wlm contact list, is there some sort of issue with me? or is it a little more widespread?
There are a few rare cases where people have that problem. It could be your antivirus/firewall software that's preventing Messenger Plus! from verifying if your click was legitimate. But I think you're still able to play, right? As long as you don't do anything strange you don't have to worry. It just means that if you do click a winning pixel your data will be looked at extra carefully to verify you have not been cheating.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by andrey on 07-13-2009 at 12:49 AM

bah, the contest window is still completely white here.. dunno what it could be either, disabling firewall/antivirus didn't help.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Willz on 07-13-2009 at 01:53 AM

This contest is evil in a way, you could be there clicking for hours and get nothing and someone could just get it in the 2nd click ><

Meh at any rate I will still try for a bit. Who knows, might get lucky. Would be kinda cool to decorate my desk with a few things.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by robert_dll on 07-13-2009 at 01:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
you could be there clicking for hours and get nothing
me 2 years ago, me this year *-)

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by John Anderton on 07-13-2009 at 03:51 AM

quote:
Heatmaps will come.. we shall overlay to confirm :P
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by John Anderton on 07-13-2009 at 03:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
quote:

Not really.
Last time we had our own private test game for a couple of days. The test time this time over was a lot smaller..

quote:
About the video: has a new Messenger been invented? I didn't know about the Mindows Live Messenger. =)
[Image: attachment.php?pid=969557]
Yes, iirc Menthix/Sunshine posted that already.. or may be that was someone else that Sunshine replied to on twitter..

If any one wins, can we see the winners screenshot? Nfi what the screen looks like this year.. at least testers got to see the winners screen last year during tests :P
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Eddie on 07-13-2009 at 04:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
quote:
quote:

Not really.
Last time we had our own private test game for a couple of days. The test time this time over was a lot smaller..
I have been seeing these links from one or two of the testers for going on that last 2/3 weeks, so i would consider that longer than a few days.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by John Anderton on 07-13-2009 at 04:33 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not really.
I have been seeing these links from one or two of the testers for going on that last 2/3 weeks, so i would consider that longer than a few days.
He made the thread for the beta testers 4 hours 52 minutes before the public thread. It was past midnight in my time zone so I was asleep. I didn't even download the beta which gave us pre-access :P
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Eddie on 07-13-2009 at 04:51 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not really.
He made the thread for the beta testers 4 hours 52 minutes before the public thread. It was past midnight in my time zone so I was asleep. I didn't even download the beta which gave us pre-access :P
Fair enough, i was never pointing the stick at you anyway, because your not on my Messenger, nor have i seen you send a link anywhere :P
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by MeEtc on 07-13-2009 at 05:02 AM

quote:
bah, the contest window is still completely white here.. dunno what it could be either, disabling firewall/antivirus didn't help.
Hmm, mine is all black with white dots
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by NanaFreak on 07-13-2009 at 05:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
luls =p
RE: RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Discrate on 07-13-2009 at 05:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
quote:
luls =p

lol yeh, very weird problem. You need to get it fixed ;)
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Felu on 07-13-2009 at 06:10 AM

quote:
quote:
LOL
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by ahmetgns on 07-13-2009 at 07:11 AM

quote:
One friend playing. rofl i cant believel the referral link actually worked :P
As far as I understand our referees don't have to be our friends or contacts, anyone who downloads Plus! from our referral link will be considered as our referees. Currently it may sound that those who are indicated in the game window as "X friends playing" are the ones in our contact list. Whatever.

Also the rules&help pages should have been reviewed more carefully I think:
quote:
Originally written in Help page of the contest
The game takes place in a big picture where Messenger Plus! logos and various prize pictures are mixed together to form what's called the "game grid".
Actually I couldn't see even one Plus! logo there.

Also although my referral link in my PSM includes a `, my "Increase your chances" window reads %60 instead of that `. This may confuse players mind about which one they will use. Also in that window a typo I think
quote:
If they win a prize, you'll win a prize as well! How cool it is that?

It is enough for now :)
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by NanaFreak on 07-13-2009 at 07:35 AM

quote:
top left, its really faint and really large ;)
RE: RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by ahmetgns on 07-13-2009 at 08:19 AM

quote:
quote:
top left, its really faint and really large ;)
Where?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=969662]

This is the first 250x250 pixel part of the "game grid".
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by NanaFreak on 07-13-2009 at 08:26 AM

here:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=969663]

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by ahmetgns on 07-13-2009 at 08:30 AM

oh yeah, I could never see it without your indicator, thanks :)

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by ahmetgns on 07-13-2009 at 08:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PCBEEF
statistically you'd have to spend 2.7 hours continuously playing the game before you'll win one prize. That's assuming theres 250 prizes to begin with and each request takes 5 seconds.
You cannot calculate it statistically but you can calculate it probabilitally, of course unless you have got the Patchou's statistics since the beginning of the contest.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by blabal on 07-13-2009 at 09:12 AM

hello. i have a question... yesterday, when the contest began, my friend and i clicked on each other's referral link. later i won something, and after i sent my details he won too, by referral. then he sent his details too for the prize, and continued playing, but i went to bed. this morning i woke up and that red star said i had one a prize too. so i sent my request again, but later found out that my friend hadn't won a prize again during the night, as i thought...
i'm pretty sure no one else clicked my referral link and started playing, so it must have been because of my firend's prize, already won by referral. does this mean our prizes could be annuled or something?
just asking because i am not interested in cheating here, just want to play the game and win something if possible.
someone please answer. thanks.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by ahmetgns on 07-13-2009 at 09:13 AM

But my calculation doesn't reflect your results:

769x703/250x5/3600=3.003 hours :S

How is your calculation?

RE: RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by CookieRevised on 07-13-2009 at 10:25 AM

quote:
No, they wouldn't... The ref links were not valid and not recorded until the official start of the contest...

So, in fact, those testers who had a ref link somewhere actually have less chances now!!!!

Because if people clicked on it before the start of the contest, they would simply be redirected to the download page. This means that the tester would have lost a potential 'client' because those who clicked that link would already have Plus! downloaded and wouldn't download it again (during the contest)...
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Eddie on 07-13-2009 at 10:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
No, they wouldn't... The ref links were not valid and not recorded until the official start of the contest...

So, in fact, those testers who had a ref link somewhere actually have less chances now!!!!

Because if people clicked on it before the start of the contest, they would simply be redirected to the download page. This means that the tester would have lost a potential 'client' because those who clicked that link would already have Plus! downloaded and wouldn't download it again (during the contest)...
I remember clicking a few of these links, all of which never redirected (based on the url), but if you say they didn't count then okay i suppose, i still thinks its dodgy though.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by NanaFreak on 07-13-2009 at 10:46 AM

quote:
769x703
its actually 740x704... and you have to include the 0 row and column ;)
RE: RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Vilkku on 07-13-2009 at 10:51 AM

quote:
quote:
769x703
its actually 740x704...
What? :P
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by NanaFreak on 07-13-2009 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
quote:
769x703
its actually 740x704...
the size of the competition image... he calculated it with 769x703... but its 740x704
RE: RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by CookieRevised on 07-13-2009 at 11:01 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
quote:
769x703
its actually 740x704...
the size of the competition image... he calculated it with 769x703... but its 740x704
no it isn't....

The size is 704x770  (w x h)
Noticed the scrollbar on the right?

Hence you should calculate it with 704x770...
(from coordinate 0:0 to 703:769)

PS: though that calculation is wrong anyways since you do not take in account the number of players (which you can't know), which highly influences you own chances.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by blabal on 07-13-2009 at 12:09 PM

I wish you hadn't ignored my post like that :(
I would really appreciate an answer to my issue.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by blessedguy on 07-13-2009 at 01:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blabal
I would really appreciate an answer to my issue.
We would answear if we knew the answear =)
Anyways, if you both played it fairly, I guess there's nothing to worry about.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by matty on 07-13-2009 at 01:28 PM

How come the emails aren't blurred out in the video? haha!

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by blabal on 07-13-2009 at 03:43 PM

Alright, thanks. :)

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by BessiaN on 07-13-2009 at 04:34 PM

i'm palying for hours but i didn't won anything :(
Is there a hint or something  ,there are 520.960 pixels and only 96 prizes remaining :S the contest is too hard ,could't you make it harder :|

And i have another question ,if i win a prize will prizes be delivered to all countries of the world ?

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by matty on 07-13-2009 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BessiaN
And i have another question ,if i win a prize will prizes be delivered to all countries of the world ?
Yes they will be
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by BessiaN on 07-13-2009 at 04:56 PM

Are there other prices or only Dolls , i dont want to waste my time playing for dolls :|

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by blessedguy on 07-13-2009 at 05:48 PM

Only prizes from the Evolution Store

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by ahmetgns on 07-13-2009 at 09:27 PM

quote:
I just wanted to post this picture from Evolution store's website for this contest.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=969749]
quote:
no it isn't....

The size is 704x770  (w x h)
Noticed the scrollbar on the right?

PS: though that calculation is wrong anyways since you do not take in account the number of players (which you can't know), which highly influences you own chances.
Right but Patchou wouldn't put a prize in the first row or column :P .

Also the calculation should include the referees playing, the number of which are fortunately shown there. Let someone set an Excel formula for possible number of referees :D edit: or simply continue clicking.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by NanaFreak on 07-13-2009 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Right but Patchou wouldn't put a prize in the first row or column
its random... why wouldnt it pick the first column/row?
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by BessiaN on 07-14-2009 at 12:07 AM

Can someone give a hint , i am clicking for hours ( i think 2 hours,or more ) but i didn't won nothing :S

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Volv on 07-14-2009 at 12:10 AM

quote:
Can someone give a hint , i am clicking for hours ( i think 2 hours,or more ) but i didn't won nothing :S
The hint is that it the picture itself has nothing to do with the locations of the prizes, they are randomly positioned. There are also approximately 830 prizes remaining for the remaining ~26 days in the competition for you to win :)
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by robert_dll on 07-14-2009 at 12:12 AM

quote:
Can someone give a hint
Try clicking on the Superman's underwear :zippy:

jk, there are no hints.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Nagamasa on 07-14-2009 at 12:33 AM

Hey Patch,

I have a good suggestion for the contest, if u can somehow fit it in.

Instead of various "Try again" messages, it should randomly feature a skin or script!

RE: RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by BessiaN on 07-14-2009 at 12:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Hey Patch,

I have a good suggestion for the contest, if u can somehow fit it in.

Instead of various "Try again" messages, it should randomly feature a skin or script!

Yes these messages make me crazy and nervious:@
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Patchou on 07-14-2009 at 03:13 AM

Just so you know: yesterday, somebody won 2 times in just half an hour... :).

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by MX-G on 07-14-2009 at 03:45 AM

what happen if you win something?? Does a new window appear saying something like YOU WON!!!! or what?

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by tony on 07-14-2009 at 03:50 AM

Yeah

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Willz on 07-14-2009 at 03:59 AM

meh I've kinda given up. The only thing that I wanted from the store was a Samus Aran statue thing, but since that was just a limited item and isn't available anymore there isn't really anything else there that pushes me to keep trying :P

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Volv on 07-14-2009 at 12:48 PM

EDIT: Changed the picture to highlight certain parts

[Image: 1337g.jpg]

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by ahmetgns on 07-14-2009 at 12:52 PM

What is special there Volv?

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by NanaFreak on 07-14-2009 at 12:54 PM

quote:
What is special there Volv?
the 1337 and 69... if you dont know what they are urbandictionary them ;)

luls my posts right now are 1337 =D
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by toddy on 07-14-2009 at 01:26 PM

quote:
thats just gonna annoy people more
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Volv on 07-14-2009 at 03:11 PM

I felt special for being a 1337 online user.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Nagamasa on 07-14-2009 at 03:19 PM

quote:
I think I was clicking away when that happened...cause I clicked for like half an hour and 3 prizes were gone...:(
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by blessedguy on 07-14-2009 at 05:21 PM

quote:
Just so you know: yesterday, somebody won 2 times in just half an hour...
Don't let everyone know who that lucky is.
Never (6)
RE: RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by mathieumg on 07-14-2009 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
quote:
I think I was clicking away when that happened...cause I clicked for like half an hour and 3 prizes were gone...:(

Doesn't mean the same person won 2 of these 3 prizes :p
RE: RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by BessiaN on 07-14-2009 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
thats just gonna annoy people more

it doesen't annoy me ,it makes me not participating anymore in the game ,someone won 2 times in an half hour ,
i clicked 3 or 4 hours there and won nothing how does this make me annoying ? it makes me nervious :@
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by murko on 07-15-2009 at 08:34 AM

Wow! This was really an annoying feature!

And why oh why is a link shown in my status if I am stupid enough to click on it? You could aswell have had banners all over the interface, cause thats the only reason I guess!

And second. When is the release coming that excludes this function? Since I dont see any option to show this within the interface or not!

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by djdannyp on 07-15-2009 at 08:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by murko
Wow! This was really an annoying feature!

And why oh why is a link shown in my status if I am stupid enough to click on it? You could aswell have had banners all over the interface, cause thats the only reason I guess!

And second. When is the release coming that excludes this function? Since I dont see any option to show this within the interface or not!

The link is to advertise Messenger Plus! Live to your contacts.

The contest is only there to give you the option to win a prize and it has been successful for a few years.  If you don't want to play, just don't click the button.

The contest button will be removed sometime after the contest is finished in a month

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by CookieRevised on 07-15-2009 at 09:04 AM

In addition to what djdannyp said:

murko,

That button isn't a feature, it's a temporary game where you can win real prizes.
The link is also there to give you more chance in winning a price.
And you don't need to download a new release for the button to be gone. As djdannyp said, the button will be removed after the contest is over, automatically, in August. (Plus! will detect this and the button will not be shown anymore).

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Volv on 07-15-2009 at 04:42 PM

What you smokin' murko? There's a tiny contest button which is hardly intrusive and if you click it it tells you exactly what it is (a contest) and what it will do BEFORE it changes your personal message.

Direct quote from the window which appears as soon as you click the button:

quote:
The rule is simple: click on the image and find the prizes! They are all "hidden" in specific coordinates that were randomly generated at the beginning of the contest. Pick a spot, click, and you will be instantly notified if you won the prize or not. You can play as many times as you want for the duration of the contest. The only requirement is to let Messenger Plus! add a promotional tag in your personal message while you play, that's it.
At that point you can choose whether you wish to play or not. Any sentient being capable of reading would read the clear, plain writing and known exactly what it is: the opportunity for Messenger Plus users to win real prizes, as many already have, in exchange for only a link being placed in your personal message for the duration the game is played.

If you don't want to win prizes just click the cancel button and that's all there is to it, what's the problem? You are either a half-wit or a douche.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by The_GamezMaster on 07-16-2009 at 03:40 PM

I've won 2 prizes so far :D

Anyway, I referred this friend of mine, but when hes playing the game, It still say's 0 friends playing..

Also, my referral link contains a '
could this be the problem?

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by lolMeng on 07-16-2009 at 04:58 PM

Hey yo
So I won something and want to ask if the shipping fee is paid by them or I have to pay for it?... Because if so this contest is pointless for me because the shipping fee would cost like 10x the prize lol.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Menthix on 07-16-2009 at 05:07 PM

It ships for free worldwide.

Although import taxes your country adds can be an issue. Import taxes vary per country and the person who sends the package can't really control it. But the packages will be sent as a gift, which may mean they are free of tax, or depending on the value of the package have a small tax fee.

If the import tax fee does turn out to be a problem you can try contacting Patchou about it, in previous contests he came up with a solution for other people. They'll hold the package for you while you work it out. In the worst case you don't accept the package, but nobody can force you to pay if you don't accept the package.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by lolMeng on 07-16-2009 at 05:08 PM

Okay thanks for quick answer.

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Patchou on 07-16-2009 at 05:19 PM

There was a display glitch affecting those special referral links, thanks for reporting the issue, it's fixed now. Rest assured though, all the referals are properly counted, with and with quotes :).

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by The_GamezMaster on 07-16-2009 at 05:20 PM

Thanks for the quick answer and the great contest! :D

Edit:

Hmm.. now it works for him :P but it still say's 0 people playing at my window..
even after reopening the window..

Not that it's a big issue.. but just letting you know..

Edit2:

Final question: Can I change my price preference?
If so, should I do it with the email given on the help page?

Thx once again! ;)

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Patchou on 07-17-2009 at 12:50 AM

Yep, to change your prize/address, just send an email to contest2009@msgpluslive.net :)

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Jstnfox on 07-17-2009 at 09:27 AM

So Where are all the skins that resulted from this contest?

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by NanaFreak on 07-17-2009 at 09:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jstnfox
So Where are all the skins that resulted from this contest?
what skins? its a click and win competition... not a creating competition...
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Jstnfox on 07-17-2009 at 09:38 AM

oh sorry i just found out... Im misinformed.. Very Sorry. But it would be nice to have a SKINNING contest again. Why won't anyone organise one.

RE: RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Willz on 07-17-2009 at 09:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jstnfox
oh sorry i just found out... Im misinformed.. Very Sorry. But it would be nice to have a SKINNING contest again. Why won't anyone organise one.

It barely been a year since the last skinning contest. Plus it would be kind of one sided. There aren't that many skinners out there so chances are it would just be the same people who end up winning again.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by NanaFreak on 07-17-2009 at 12:05 PM

this is the most fair, but if there was going to be another 'talent' orientated competition it would have to be scripting as scripts and skins have been done once each... but it wouldnt work because there are just so many ideas already done with it, it would be pointless...

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by CookieRevised on 07-18-2009 at 11:33 PM

A contest involving the most original photo involving Plus! would be nice :D

* CookieRevised waiting for another batch of prizes to be released...

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by KinetiK on 07-20-2009 at 09:44 PM

there's any problem if I win more than once?! :D

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by prashker on 07-20-2009 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KinetiK
there's any problem if I win more than once?! :D
no :p
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by mathieumg on 07-20-2009 at 09:46 PM

Lucky you! According to the rules, you can win up to 10 times! :O

It matters not, I will never win :(

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Rolando on 07-20-2009 at 11:12 PM

Damnit, I'm away from home and all I've is my mac :(

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by mathieumg on 07-20-2009 at 11:17 PM

Bootcamp!

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by blessedguy on 07-21-2009 at 12:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mathieumg
Bootcamp!

VirtualBox if you don't want to actually install it in your Mac. =)
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Hayes on 07-21-2009 at 03:29 AM

This contest is a lot easier when you're baked.  Trust.

I am going to click this picture so fucking much that it actually becomes against the laws of math that i DON'T win.  Now how about that?

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by blabal on 07-21-2009 at 05:51 PM

Where can I send a mail if I want my prize to be shipped to another address / someone else than I specified when I won?

quote:
Originally posted by Hayes

I am going to click this picture so fucking much that it actually becomes against the laws of math that i DON'T win.  Now how about that?

Aye.
RE: RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by mathieumg on 07-21-2009 at 06:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blabal
Where can I send a mail if I want my prize to be shipped to another address / someone else than I specified when I won?

contest2009@msgpluslive.net
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Asriel on 07-22-2009 at 03:09 AM

Wait so the ONLY thing the store sells are freaking DOLLS?

:|

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by CookieRevised on 07-22-2009 at 03:19 AM

If you want to call it "dolls", yes... or as other people call them: collectibles related to movies, games, music, etc.

What's important is: it's completely free ;)

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by MicroWay on 07-22-2009 at 05:13 AM

quote:
What's important is: it's completely free
And you can play and pass some time trying to find prizes ;)

Unfortunately I'm not staying too much at home... :(
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Asriel on 07-22-2009 at 08:26 AM

quote:
If you want to call it "dolls", yes... or as other people call them: collectibles related to movies, games, music, etc.

And a waste of time to be honest. Regardless of whether it's free or not.

I'm not trying to troll, if that's what you think, but it's really disappointing compared to the last Plus console. I tried so hard to win a game console, but here the incentive is just not alluring enough to me.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Chrono on 07-22-2009 at 08:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Asriel
quote:

And a waste of time to be honest. Regardless of whether it's free or not.

I'm not trying to troll, if that's what you think, but it's really disappointing compared to the last Plus console. I tried so hard to win a game console, but here the incentive is just not alluring enough to me.
you can always get expensive stuff and sell it on ebay :P
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by BessiaN on 07-23-2009 at 10:44 AM

clicking clicking clicking and winning a big waste of time :S
i am clicking 2 hours ore more but im winning time wasting :(
in the first week i clicked about 3 hours in 1 day =won nothing
in this week i clicked about 2 hours in 1 day =won nothing
I dont know to click the other weeks or not :L

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Chrono on 07-23-2009 at 01:44 PM

how do you know if any of your friends have won? :P

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Lou on 07-23-2009 at 03:35 PM

quote:
clicking clicking clicking and winning a big waste of time :S
i am clicking 2 hours ore more but im winning time wasting :(
in the first week i clicked about 3 hours in 1 day =won nothing
in this week i clicked about 2 hours in 1 day =won nothing
I dont know to click the other weeks or not :L
It's still a contest you know :undecided:. Not everyone is going to win. Else he'd just randomly give out gifts as opposed to running a contest.
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by ahmetgns on 07-24-2009 at 04:56 AM

quote:
how do you know if any of your friends have won? :P
quote:
Originally written in the Help page of the contest
The "Increase your chances!" link on top of the contest grid offers different ways for you to share your unique link, including Facebook, BBCode and HTML for forum signatures or blogs. If one of your friends wins a prize, this link will change to "You won!", allowing you to claim your free referral prize. The only restriction is that the referrer and the referee cannot be in the same household. If you start sending your link to your friends, remember to check the contest page once in a while to know if your efforts won you a prize.
;)
RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by VanilleMASSACRE on 07-24-2009 at 03:11 PM

Hei guys soon became mad help! And banners belonging to click there is no way to win? :(

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Thalia88 on 07-24-2009 at 04:56 PM

I won a prize in the first week. My question is how can I be sure that I wrote my e-mail and my house address right?:$

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by CookieRevised on 07-24-2009 at 05:54 PM

As written in the help text of the contest, and is replied several times in this thread, send a mail with your questions to contest2009@msgpluslive.net

PS: congratulations btw...

RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by Thalia88 on 07-24-2009 at 06:07 PM

oh ok thanks :D

RE: RE: The Messenger Plus! 2009 Contest by VanilleMASSACRE on 07-24-2009 at 06:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Thalia88
oh ok thanks :D
I'm going crazy is 6 hours I'm clicking and still no prize!:(