Shoutbox

MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it (/showthread.php?tid=91466)

MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it by figjam666 on 07-14-2009 at 07:21 AM

every time i try o open msn with plus installed it just crashes it was workin fine up until 2 days ago nothing was changed but it wont open anymore ive tried reinstalling and all that no help

RE: MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it by Shiny Rabbit on 07-14-2009 at 07:02 PM

you running any of the following programs? SweetIM, Smiley Central, GDI++, MSNShell, Kiwee, Messenger Discovery, ThreatFire or PC Tools Spyware Doctor? you tried running the uninstaller for Plus and hitting repair messenger? is Messenger or Plus! being blocked by a firewall?

what version of Windows, Messenger/Plus! are you running?

RE: MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it by figjam666 on 07-15-2009 at 04:11 AM

nope not running any of those programs and yes i tried running that repair thing no luck there running the latest versions of botrh msn and plus well attempting to anyhow windows is xp sp3

RE: MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it by Shiny Rabbit on 07-16-2009 at 07:31 AM

when you reinstalled Plus, did you choose to keep your config?

RE: MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it by figjam666 on 07-17-2009 at 11:48 AM

never saw the option actualy

RE: MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it by Shiny Rabbit on 07-17-2009 at 04:18 PM

it's in the first screen of the uninstaller (after you click remove)a checkbox that says "delete my user settings" or something to that effect, if you did change something in Plus which your PC doesn't agree with, that should fix it, but if you uninstalled Plus, you might have had that ticked

can you tell me if it's being blocked by an anti-virus or firewall?

RE: MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it by figjam666 on 07-17-2009 at 04:55 PM

hmmm still no luck

deffinatly not being blocked h
RE: MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it by Shiny Rabbit on 07-18-2009 at 08:25 AM

hmm, there was an update recently, you think that could have been the problem? I'm running out of ideas

RE: MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it by figjam666 on 07-20-2009 at 10:25 AM

ummm i suppose its possibly but im pretty sure it worked with the update for a while hmmmm perhaps my computers just a bit fucked lol

RE: MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it by Shiny Rabbit on 07-21-2009 at 07:30 AM

try running Zap Messenger* to completely remove Messenger then reinstall it as the problem could lie in a registry entry or something, it doesn't hurt to try

incidently, did you patch your MSN at all?

* http://messengergeek.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E37...entry?sa=444854878

RE: MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it by figjam666 on 07-22-2009 at 11:40 AM

that link didnt work for me wats zap messenger i havnt heard of that

RE: MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it by djdannyp on 07-22-2009 at 12:24 PM

http://messenger.jonathankay.com/redir/zapmsngr.asp

try that link

It's a tool to completely uninstall Windows Live Messenger (including any fragments which may have been left behind during a regular uninstall, or if it got corrupted) so that you can do a re-install safely

RE: MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it by figjam666 on 07-23-2009 at 04:20 PM

oh why thank you that might help ill give it a shot

RE: MSN wont run with plus crashes when i open it by figjam666 on 07-24-2009 at 12:05 PM

think somethin worked seems to be ok now thanks for the help