Shoutbox

File Backup Software - Win7 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: File Backup Software - Win7 (/showthread.php?tid=91484)

File Backup Software - Win7 by CanadianOriginal on 07-15-2009 at 10:56 PM

I recently had a system crash and had to re-image my computer. All I had available was Windows 7 RC1 (7100). I've managed to find compatible software for pretty much everything, except file backups.

I used to use 2BrightSparks SyncBack, but it's not Win7-compatible. Same for Cobian, Acronis True Image, Comodo Backup, ViceVersa etc. All I find is programs that don't work. Even running installers and applications in Compatibility Mode is proving unsuccessful.

What I need is a program that can synchronize my files between hard drives on a regular schedule. There are some bells and whistles I've seen in some programs and liked, but at this point I'm not picky.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

RE: File Backup Software - Win7 by segosa on 07-15-2009 at 11:41 PM

Why not use Windows 7's Backup tool? It's been improved greatly from Vista's.

RE: File Backup Software - Win7 by Menthix on 07-16-2009 at 12:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CanadianOriginal
I used to use 2BrightSparks SyncBack, but it's not Win7-compatible
Really? They better work on that then :(.

What exactly is the problem with it? I just took a quick look in their forum and there seem to be various people using SyncBack on Windows 7 without any real issues. I'm using SyncBack myself, and planning to move to Windows 7 soon.
RE: File Backup Software - Win7 by CanadianOriginal on 07-16-2009 at 02:44 AM

I've got my old versoin working so far. Apparently, there's issues with the burning component, so there's no backin gup to CD or DVD, but I don't use it for that. I'll have to give it a few test runs and make sure it works. They are offering no tech support until Win7 is released and Syncback is officially announced as compatible