Shoutbox

Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival (/showthread.php?tid=91513)

Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by albert on 07-16-2009 at 11:09 PM

Hello everybody,

Two years ago, I went to my first plus! meet at the fantasia festival, which was pretty fun, especially counting the bomb alert that stopped our movie. More details here : http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=76...d=838056#pid838056 .

This year, no real meet is actually planned, but a few of us decided to go and watch some movies together, and then to grab a bite, so we thought it'd be cool to post it online, and let the people who want to join follow. The night is actually a double movie feature. First movie will be Crazy Racer playing at 17h20 the 23rd of July 2009, and second movie will be Crime or Punishment?!? at 19h40. Both movies will be played at the Concordia Hall Theater. After the viewings, we'll all go grab a bite to eat at Scores, which is about 5 minutes walking maximum.

Also, Patchou will be going to see The Devine Weapon on the 27th of July at 1:00PM, which Plus! is sponsoring, so if you're in montreal; don't forget to go watch it. There's no reason for you not to come! If you missed your chance on free tickets, you can grab some at around 8$ a piece so it's not that expensive really. Also, the meal will be paid by Patchou and me; so no monetary excuse!

I'll keep this post updated for who's coming to which viewings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE : Plus!ers can meet at the Concordia Hall Theater at 4h50PM for formal greetings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crazy Racer
-Sammy
-Sammy's Dad
-Patchou
-Pouic-Pouic
-Albert
-Mimi
-Mathieu

Crime or Punishment?!?
-Sammy
-Sammy's Dad
-Patchou
-Pouic-Pouic
-Albert
-Mimi
-Mathieu
-Wacky*

The Devine Weapon
-Patchou
-Pouic-Pouic

Scores
-Sammy
-Sammy's Dad
-Patchou
-Pouic-Pouic
-Albert
-Mimi
-Mathieu
-Wacky*

* pending.

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by wacky on 07-16-2009 at 11:38 PM

ummm when? I may just show up :P

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by albert on 07-16-2009 at 11:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wacky
ummm when? I may just show up :P
Including the date might be a good idea. :$

* albert edits up.
edit : done.
RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by wacky on 07-16-2009 at 11:56 PM

I might be able to come watch Crime or Punishment but I would love to at least be able to come to Scores. I'll try and see if I can. I work long days though and I don't think it would be very interesting to see me full of wood dust so I'd probably have to shower which would take a lot of time. I dunno if I'd be able to make it on time :S I'll give more info as soon as I can!

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by mathieumg on 07-16-2009 at 11:56 PM

The title is actually Crime or Punishment?!? :P

I can't wait to see you all again :)

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by albert on 07-16-2009 at 11:59 PM

quote:
I might be able to come watch Crime or Punishment but I would love to at least be able to come to Scores. I'll try and see if I can. I work long days though and I don't think it would be very interesting to see me full of wood dust so I'd probably have to shower which would take a lot of time. I dunno if I'd be able to make it on time :S I'll give more info as soon as I can!

Cool! Let us know, I'll put you as pending for the moment being.

quote:
Originally posted by mathieumg
The title is actually Crime or Punishment?!? :P

I can't wait to see you all again :)

* albert edits.
By the way mathieu, did you exchange your tickets yet?
RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by wacky on 07-17-2009 at 12:05 AM

do you have the address of the Scores? and is there free parking anywhere? cuz that's the worst thing :sad:

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by albert on 07-17-2009 at 12:08 AM

quote:
do you have the address of the Scores? and is there free parking anywhere? cuz that's the worst thing :sad:

LMAO.

Here's the address for scores :
1432 rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest, Montréal, QC H3G 1R3

As far as parking goes I have no idea, I have only been there by metro, it'll be a nice surprise Thursday. Parking should be free after 9 anyways, so the movie should finish around that time.
RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by wacky on 07-17-2009 at 12:15 AM

oh thanks :P its funny but I never noticed a scores and I always pass by there :S maybe I've seen it but I just dont remember :chrongue:

I think that if I manage to make it to the movie, I'll have to take the metro. It's freaking $6 for two hours of parking. Way too much!

so um.. I read the other thread (I don't know why I had ignored it before :S) and um... free meal? :P

RE: RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by mathieumg on 07-17-2009 at 12:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by albert

By the way mathieu, did you exchange your tickets yet?

Not yet, but I'm on my way to do that.
RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by albert on 07-17-2009 at 12:27 AM

quote:
so um.. I read the other thread (I don't know why I had ignored it before :S) and um... free meal? :P

It was initially supposed to be for a couple of people, but I'll see what I can do depending on how many people show up. :P

quote:
Not yet, but I'm on my way to do that.
Oh okay, let me know how it goes, I have to go there tomorrow.
RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by Patchou on 07-17-2009 at 12:48 AM

Free meal will be on Albert (thank you man!) and me :)

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by prashker on 07-17-2009 at 04:09 AM

It's a chance of a lifetime people, you'll get to see the father that created the sexy stud we've come to know and love...SONIKSAM-SAMA~!<3

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by albert on 07-17-2009 at 04:29 AM

By the way, are we meeting at the movies directly?

RE: RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by mathieumg on 07-17-2009 at 07:30 AM

quote:

It went really well, it was a breeze actually. I didn't even have to wait in line to get my tickets :) (I guess I was lucky though, as I was leaving there was a long line forming) I bought a ticket for Crazy Racer too, so might as well remove that * next to my name :)
RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by albert on 07-18-2009 at 04:04 AM

quote:
quote:

It went really well, it was a breeze actually. I didn't even have to wait in line to get my tickets :) (I guess I was lucky though, as I was leaving there was a long line forming) I bought a ticket for Crazy Racer too, so might as well remove that * next to my name :)

Actually got mine from the admission counter directly, didn't have time to go to Concordia to exchange everything. I'll give the tickets back to someone who'll use them at the meet.

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by Discrate on 07-18-2009 at 04:27 AM

Sammy's Dad lol. Can't little sammy go on his own?

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by toddy on 07-18-2009 at 04:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
no......people like you mite turn up :tongue:
RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by prashker on 07-18-2009 at 04:39 AM

quote:
I could, however my dad is nice enough to drive me to Montreal, he deserves some compensation with a movie and dinner :p.
RE: RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by Discrate on 07-18-2009 at 04:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
no......people like you mite turn up :tongue:

Your absolutely right. Good thinking, be safe at all times.

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
I could, however my dad is nice enough to drive me to Montreal, he deserves some compensation with a movie and dinner :p.

lol
RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by prashker on 07-18-2009 at 05:05 AM

So where are we meeting initially :p

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by Patchou on 07-18-2009 at 03:14 PM

Depends if we're eating before or after together... any preference? I don't mind either way.

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by mathieumg on 07-18-2009 at 03:57 PM

Personally I don't mind, but my friend (who came the last two years too) wants to see you guys again and have a chat! However, if most people prefer the lunch option I'm sure he'll understand. (He works during the day)

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by wacky on 07-18-2009 at 04:26 PM

I wouldnt be able before :sad:

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by albert on 07-18-2009 at 11:09 PM

I'd prefer eating after honestly.
I say we meet at the movies.

What do you guys think?

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by Patchou on 07-19-2009 at 05:39 AM

then it's decided: after! and because albert is paying, I'll pick a very expensive restaurant.

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by mathieumg on 07-19-2009 at 05:43 AM

Haha, pick one where you get kicked out if you don't wear a tuxedo B)

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by prashker on 07-19-2009 at 06:05 AM

LETS MEET AT THE ARCADE :cheesy:!

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by wacky on 07-19-2009 at 08:20 AM

quote:
Haha, pick one where you get kicked out if you don't wear a tuxedo B)
but I'm a girl.. I dont have a tuxedo!
RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by mathieumg on 07-19-2009 at 09:28 AM

Just wear some elegant dress :O

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by Patchou on 07-19-2009 at 03:01 PM

dress is (Y)

As for meeting at the arcade: can't we just meet in front of Concordia's main building, where the movies are shown? I think it will be easier for most people to find it.

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by prashker on 07-19-2009 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
can't we just meet in front of Concordia's main building, where the movies are shown? I think it will be easier for most people to find it.
fine :p
RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by albert on 07-20-2009 at 03:51 AM

Bump!
Updated first post.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=91...d=970119#pid970119

Not necessarily sure to be able to come to the first movie, girlfriend's got work till 5; trying to fix it up. I also set a time frame of 30 minutes before movie start that way we have time to all meet up and sit together.

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by prashker on 07-21-2009 at 10:16 PM

My grandma and aunt are going to some Just for Laughs thing.

My dad might bring along his girlfriend so they can go see that.

So worst case scenario, my dad won't be with us :p

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by Rolando on 07-21-2009 at 11:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
My grandma and aunt are going to some Just for Laughs thing.

My dad might bring along his girlfriend so they can go see that.

So worst best case scenario, my dad won't be with us :p

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by prashker on 07-21-2009 at 11:27 PM

;-)

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by albert on 07-21-2009 at 11:42 PM

It seems me and mimmi will be able to make it for the whole thing, so we'll see you guys there. :)

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by prashker on 07-22-2009 at 03:43 AM

scratch that, my dad is still coming, just for laughs is sold out apparently :p (or will be sold out)

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by prashker on 07-23-2009 at 02:40 PM

SEE U LATER

PS: I may stay in Montreal till Sunday (my dad is loaning his spare car to his sister for summer), while we wait for our ride to pick us up and take us back to Ottawa.

So if anybody is interested in other plans!!111

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by brian on 07-25-2009 at 01:04 AM

Hope you guys had fun.

I really really really realy really tried to show up but I was too tired heh.

Let me know if something soon is going on!

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by wacky on 07-25-2009 at 04:16 PM

oh jeez.. it already passed :sad: I work way too much. Had a 12-13 hour shift that day. I won't be able to make it on the 27th either

:sad:

tell us how it went :happy:

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by albert on 07-26-2009 at 02:28 AM

The movies were hilarious, and the food was good. :)

RE: RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by mathieumg on 07-26-2009 at 05:50 AM

quote:
The movies were hilarious, and the food was good. :)

+1

The company was really great and kind also. albert was overly generous :o
RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by wacky on 07-26-2009 at 04:31 PM

quote:
The company was really great and kind also. albert was overly generous :o
because he paid for some dinners? :chrongue:
RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by Patchou on 07-26-2009 at 05:38 PM

yep, for everything! Thanks again Albert :)

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by prashker on 07-26-2009 at 09:30 PM

Thanks albert :banana:

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by mathieumg on 07-26-2009 at 09:38 PM

Yeah thanks a lot =)

RE: Unofficial Meet Program -> Montreal's Fantasia Festival by albert on 07-27-2009 at 01:25 AM

Sure. :)

Glad everyone had fun.