Shoutbox

Sorry, that's SpyWare Crap - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Sorry, that's SpyWare Crap (/showthread.php?tid=91591)

Sorry, that's SpyWare Crap by rossco on 07-21-2009 at 05:34 PM

What's this play to win garbage?

Look, personally, I think your taking advantage of your users.

I install Messenger Plus! to enhance my Messenger, NOT to have garbage spyware and Play to win icons all over the place.

What's next, links to online bingo and black jack?

By all means put this rubbish on your website... But do us all a favour, LEAVE IT THERE. I don't want this crap on my system.... UNINSTALLED!

I won't be coming back. Sponsor applications and NOW ADVERTISING ICONS!

Pertuli, or whatever you name is, your a SELLOUT mate.

In future I'll be using A-Patch or messpatch.be

What this application used to do, it doesn't do any more. And the things it doesn't do any more where the only real point in using it in the fist place.

RE: Sorry, that's SpyWare Crap by Menthix on 07-21-2009 at 05:44 PM

You're referring the the contest icon as an advertising icon?

Uninstalling is your own choice, do it if you feel like it, but you might want to know the prizes from this "Play and win icon" come directly out of Patchou's pocket. He's not making money on that icon, it costs him thousands of dollars instead.

RE: Sorry, that's SpyWare Crap by CookieRevised on 07-21-2009 at 07:16 PM

To add a bit more facts to what Menthix already said and to get things strait:

quote:
Originally posted by rossco
I install Messenger Plus! to enhance my Messenger, NOT to have garbage spyware and Play to win icons all over the place.
"All over the place" is a bit exaggerating. There is only 1 icon which is in the main contactlist window. This icon will also be removed automatically after the contest is over in August, without the need to install an update.

Neither the sponsor, neither the contest are spyware at all, not even in the smallest way. They are both also optional; if you don't want the sponsor, don't opt in. If you don't want to play the game then don't...

quote:
Originally posted by rossco
What this application used to do, it doesn't do any more. And the things it doesn't do any more where the only real point in using it in the fist place.
There are no big features which Plus!Live wont do anymore, everything which is still technically possible is still there except for the removal of the advertisement banner in Messenger, which I have a very strong feeling you are referring to.

However, it has been removed since a very long time, 5 years ago!!! So I have no clue why you suddenly feel the need to complain only now.
The reason for that removal can be read here: 'MSN advertisement banner' removal
Though, in fact, you could still remove those banners with Messenger Plus! via skinning.

If you still were using Messenger Plus! Live till today (after 5 years of that banner removal option being removed) it surely must have been for other reasons too.

So, telling you have uninstalled Plus! because of that and because of the temporary contest makes not much sense to me at all, but it is your good right to do of course...