Shoutbox

Cookies - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Cookies (/showthread.php?tid=91640)

Cookies by Rolando on 07-24-2009 at 06:41 PM

Is there a script or something that will delete my browser's cookies after it is closed that allows me to add exceptions for certain sites (so those cookies won't be deleted).

E.g.: It deletes all cookies, but if www.facebook.com is an exception, it'll leave those.

RE: Cookies by CookieRevised on 07-24-2009 at 06:52 PM

Can't you define that in most of the browsers today?
And/or shouldn't that be in an addon/tool/plugin for the browser in case the browser can't do it, instead of in an IM client?

RE: Cookies by kotjze on 07-24-2009 at 06:53 PM

If you're using Firefox:

quote:
Originally posted by Mozilla
By default Firefox accepts all cookies, including cookies which would allow a site to recognize you effectively forever. If this doesn't suit you, you can tell Firefox to delete all cookies when you close Firefox:

1. At the top of the Firefox, click on the Tools, and select Options..., then select the Privacy panel.
   2. Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
   3. From the Keep until menu, select the I close Firefox.

If you want to grant sites you trust the ability to store cookies permanently (e.g., to allow you to log in automatically to a site), click Exceptions…, enter the site address, and click Allow.

RE: Cookies by Rolando on 07-24-2009 at 11:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Can't you define that in most of the browsers today?
And/or shouldn't that be in an addon/tool/plugin for the browser in case the browser can't do it, instead of in an IM client?

quote:
Originally posted by kotjze
If you're using Firefox:

quote:
Originally posted by Mozilla
By default Firefox accepts all cookies, including cookies which would allow a site to recognize you effectively forever. If this doesn't suit you, you can tell Firefox to delete all cookies when you close Firefox:

1. At the top of the Firefox, click on the Tools, and select Options..., then select the Privacy panel.
   2. Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
   3. From the Keep until menu, select the I close Firefox.

If you want to grant sites you trust the ability to store cookies permanently (e.g., to allow you to log in automatically to a site), click Exceptions…, enter the site address, and click Allow.

Thanks, worked like a charm.