Shoutbox

Webcam Disconnecting - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Webcam Disconnecting (/showthread.php?tid=91663)

Webcam Disconnecting by staticanime on 07-26-2009 at 07:02 PM

Ok, hi all. I'm having problems with webcam in msn, and yes, I've seen the same problem all over this forum. anyway, I've tracked the problem I think, but there's still no fix.

Anyway, firstly, the problem. You send a request to send your webcam, or someone else wants to see yours, after about 20 seconds (post accepting the request), it disconnects

The cause: well, as far as I can tell, for some reason, MSN tells the WIA (Image Acquisition) service to shut down, and it only seems to happen on vista & 7, the problem never occurs on XP (for me anyway). So, anyone know a fix?

RE: Webcam Disconnecting by RawrrrFace18 on 07-26-2009 at 09:48 PM

Feel free to correct me.

I've done a quick search on Google and most with the same issue say that reinstalling the webcam worked for them or the problem for them have been that the Windows Image Acquistion (WIA) has been set to manual and should have been set to automatic.

RE: RE: Webcam Disconnecting by staticanime on 07-26-2009 at 10:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RawrrrFace18
Feel free to correct me.

I've done a quick search on Google and most with the same issue say that reinstalling the webcam worked for them or the problem for them have been that the Windows Image Acquistion (WIA) has been set to manual and should have been set to automatic.
Yeah, I've tried both of those unfortunantly, still no joy
RE: Webcam Disconnecting by whiplash on 07-28-2009 at 07:04 PM

My issue may be totally unrelated as I do not see you mention anything about your network.  But in my case, anytime a webcam session was activated, my entire network would die.  Turns out it was the router and after I replaced it, it worked fine.

Again, most likely unrelated, but still.

RE: RE: Webcam Disconnecting by staticanime on 07-28-2009 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by whiplash
My issue may be totally unrelated as I do not see you mention anything about your network.  But in my case, anytime a webcam session was activated, my entire network would die.  Turns out it was the router and after I replaced it, it worked fine.

Again, most likely unrelated, but still.
Well, for me, I tried a different router, and the cam SOMETIMES works with SOME people, so I dunno
RE: Webcam Disconnecting by whiplash on 07-28-2009 at 08:42 PM

Again, in my case, it had to do with UPnP.