Shoutbox

[?] Relaying private information to 3rd parties - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: [?] Relaying private information to 3rd parties (/showthread.php?tid=91780)

[?] Relaying private information to 3rd parties by SmokingCookie on 08-05-2009 at 08:05 PM

Well, I haven't studied rights and I'm not planning to. But is relaying such information, which can be used against you, actually (i)llegal?

I ask this question especially to Dutch people or anyone who does know about Dutch laws. Dutch government websites aren't exactly well-organised to me...

RE: [?] Relaying provate information to 3rd parties by Chancer on 08-06-2009 at 01:10 AM

Unless you're authorized to do it, it's probably illegal.
After all, that's why it's called "private"...

I don't think you'll go to jail for doing this (maybe if you sell, or make any profit with it), but if someone sues you, you'll probably be punished.

RE: [?] Relaying provate information to 3rd parties by SmokingCookie on 08-06-2009 at 09:49 AM

Would it be possible to take a website down which relays such info?

RE: [?] Relaying provate information to 3rd parties by foaly on 08-06-2009 at 10:52 AM

Can you give an example?

RE: [?] Relaying provate information to 3rd parties by SmokingCookie on 08-06-2009 at 11:17 AM

this?

RE: [?] Relaying provate information to 3rd parties by ShawnZ on 08-06-2009 at 11:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
this?

well if you purposefully give them information, it's not private anymore...
RE: [?] Relaying provate information to 3rd parties by foaly on 08-06-2009 at 12:47 PM

yeah well that is allowed...
a very mean thing to do to your friends though...

RE: RE: [?] Relaying provate information to 3rd parties by SmokingCookie on 08-06-2009 at 03:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ

I wasn't aware of this website's "purpose" until.. ya know :S
RE: [?] Relaying provate information to 3rd parties by ShawnZ on 08-06-2009 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ

I wasn't aware of this website's "purpose" until.. ya know :S

dude, seriously? big fucking deal, your friend knows that you have a crush on someone. maybe you should have read the privacy policy (or... not given personal information to dodgy websites?)